CLA Tonalin

Options
Anyone else take this? I've been taking this (and fish oil, vitamin d, and b12) for a while now and couldn't tell you if it worked or not. Any thoughts?

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Took it for a while and noticed nothing a few years back. Don't think there is anything magical out there.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Took it for a while and noticed nothing a few years back. Don't think there is anything magical out there.

there are magic bullets, but again thats for diffrent type of website
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    Anyone else take this? I've been taking this (and fish oil, vitamin d, and b12) for a while now and couldn't tell you if it worked or not. Any thoughts?

never heard of this what is it
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    I've taken it on and off for a number of years and I love it... Though I'm not convinced it's led to any weight loss, my skin is notably softer and my hair shinier. The pesky cellulite on the back of my thighs is almost gone, but, again, I'm pretty sure that's thanks to the many squats and hours spent at the gym than from the CLA.

I first found out about Tonalin on a forum for strippers -- they all swore by it... So that must be a good sign, right? ;)
  • cclaborn22
    Options
    I have taken CLA since January and have noticed that is has kept my bodyfat lower, and helped increase lean muscle mass. Be sure that whatever CLA you get has the Tonalin in it, and that you're incorporating a clean diet as well.

I use Dymatize Tonalin CLA, has 1,000mg Tonalin in each capsule. I have been told, and I know, that we can get CLA from other sources such as grassfed beef, lamb etc, but all the extra calories that would include would be crazy. Anywho, that's my experience with it :smile:
  • mrdalton
    Options
    I take it at the advice of my trainer - but has it worked? I have no idea!
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    CLA is amazing at reducing bodyfat while retaining lean muscle, if you happen to be a rat.

If you're unfortunate enough to be human, is does about 2% of jack-*kitten*.
  • liaalyn
    liaalyn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have taken CLA since January and have noticed that is has kept my bodyfat lower, and helped increase lean muscle mass. Be sure that whatever CLA you get has the Tonalin in it, and that you're incorporating a clean diet as well.

I use Dymatize Tonalin CLA, has 1,000mg Tonalin in each capsule. I have been told, and I know, that we can get CLA from other sources such as grassfed beef, lamb etc, but all the extra calories that would include would be crazy. Anywho, that's my experience with it :smile:

Great, I'm glad you've had success! Yeah I know we could, but with how food is processed these days, highly unlikely. I don't eat enough beef or dairy as it is. I will continue this and see if I see any more results!

Its funny, with these things that should promote weight loss, we're already doing everything we're supposed to do..so who knows.
  • liaalyn
    Options
    I've taken it on and off for a number of years and I love it... Though I'm not convinced it's led to any weight loss, my skin is notably softer and my hair shinier. The pesky cellulite on the back of my thighs is almost gone, but, again, I'm pretty sure that's thanks to the many squats and hours spent at the gym than from the CLA.

I first found out about Tonalin on a forum for strippers -- they all swore by it... So that must be a good sign, right? ;)

Awesome! I see no harm in using it, weight loss or not, its not something bad for you. & Heck, if strippers use it........
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    not that i will get any more info then the last time but..

what is this?
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options

what is this?

CLA is a fatty acid that is present in meat and dairy. It initially looked promising because it promoted fat loss and muscle gain in rats, but in human trials it had no statistically significant effect.

Tonalin is merely a brand name.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    CLA contributes miniscule results. Not enough to warrant spending money on it.
  • FairyMiss
    Options

what is this?

CLA is a fatty acid that is present in meat and dairy. It initially looked promising because it promoted fat loss and muscle gain in rats, but in human trials it had no statistically significant effect.

Tonalin is merely a brand name.

I very small like mouse maybe it will work for me :laugh:

well very round mouse
  • ismatts
    ismatts Posts: 62
    Options
    Some of my lifting buddies are trying to get me to take this stuff. they all swear by it, and they are all pretty ripped. BUT they do work out, so who knows if they are just working out correctly/efficiently or not.
  • liaalyn
    Options
    Some of my lifting buddies are trying to get me to take this stuff. they all swear by it, and they are all pretty ripped. BUT they do work out, so who knows if they are just working out correctly/efficiently or not.

Yeah, thats the problem with any supplement. $15 a bottle for something that is found in healthy foods though, why not! Rare to find in foods these days because they really aren't "healthy" anymore. (Beef, dairy, etc)
  • xyber81
    xyber81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for 2 month and it defiantly makes a difference. You won't notice it on the scales, but you will in the mirror. In the last week or so I've notice muscle appearing as I lose fat and muscle growth. I'm a courier so on the go, lifting and carrying all day and do about 15-20 miles hard cycling a week. I've upped my protein and lowered fat and carbs and things are starting to happen. Other people are noticing the difference. I'd say CLA is good for people with 25%+ body fat as its more noticeable and encouraging, especially when shifting stubborn beer belly fat.
  • liaalyn
    Options
    I've been using it for 2 month and it defiantly makes a difference. You won't notice it on the scales, but you will in the mirror. In the last week or so I've notice muscle appearing as I lose fat and muscle growth. I'm a courier so on the go, lifting and carrying all day and do about 15-20 miles hard cycling a week. I've upped my protein and lowered fat and carbs and things are starting to happen. Other people are noticing the difference. I'd say CLA is good for people with 25%+ body fat as its more noticeable and encouraging, especially when shifting stubborn beer belly fat.

Beer :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I take it.. Along with L-Carnintine(I think thats how you spell it!). My trainer said both taken together are supposed to act like a fat burner, preserve lean muscle and give you more energy.

I've only been taking it for a few weeks now, so I can't exactly say if it's working or not. I feel like they are, but then again since it hasn't been that long, who really knows?
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I take:
    Nature's Secret, Women's 73 Nutrient Soft-Gel Multi,
    Omega 3-6-9 1,000 mg,
    No burp Fish oil,
    Calcium & Magnesium 100%,
    Apple Cider Vinegar 250 mg,
    L-Lysine 500 mg,
    Jarrow Formulas, Jarro-Dophilus EPS,

I am thinking about getting CLA Pure Tonalin Complex, 1,000 mg.