I feel.......

Options
................bluhhhhh!!!! I've been very sick for the past few days and I need some encouragement to keep up with my routine. I work out a lot and I've been resting so I know it will be difficult to get back into it all. I've been keeping track of what I eat and I didn't feel like eating much, but I would eat what I wanted, sometimes not the healthest of choices. It's a new week, and I'm still under the weather, but I'm determined to get back on track with my workouts and eating habits. Just need to hear some words of encouragement. I hope everyone else is doing well with this site, it's been a life saver for me.

Thanks for listening,
Mandakay

Replies

• mandakay
    Options
    ................bluhhhhh!!!! I've been very sick for the past few days and I need some encouragement to keep up with my routine. I work out a lot and I've been resting so I know it will be difficult to get back into it all. I've been keeping track of what I eat and I didn't feel like eating much, but I would eat what I wanted, sometimes not the healthest of choices. It's a new week, and I'm still under the weather, but I'm determined to get back on track with my workouts and eating habits. Just need to hear some words of encouragement. I hope everyone else is doing well with this site, it's been a life saver for me.

Thanks for listening,
    Mandakay
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Don't worry...as you feel better you'll want to get back to your workouts.

Here's my favorite trick for the "don't wannas" (what I call it when I don't want to go to the gym or out for my walk)...I tell myself I can quit after ten minutes of working out. I always find that after those ten minutes, I want to keep on going.

Listen to your body, though...if it wants rest, give it some rest!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    check out abcrunch.com; great site for free meal plans totaling 1200 calories a day and its healthy food. good luck on returning to your workouts.
  • mandakay
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the support and advice. Much appreciated.

Mandakay
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling Mandakay.
    You just have to encourage yourself, work yourself up.

Just remind yourself how good it feels to workout.

I didn't do so well this weekend.
    It was my daughters 7th birthday so we wen out to dinner on Friday & had a bowling party on Saturday which included pizza, fries, soda & chocolate cake.

We just have to motivate ourselves to get back on track.

It's a new week ladies & gents!!!

Let's set a personal goal and reach it!!

I am so determined to get my butt in gear... I'm even going to try Tae Bo... pray for me!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling very well. I have been sick for the past few weeks. This is the first weekend that I have done any type of excercise and I am having to start out slow. Focus on your eating if need be and get well. I know it is hard to keep up your motivation but it will come back.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Eve
  • mandakay
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and support. You guys are great!

Mandakay
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    How are you feeling Mandakay?
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi Mandakay... Seems to be that time of the year, when everyone gets sick! Just tell yourself that once you feel better you are getting back into the swing of things! Hope you feel better soon!
  • mandakay
    Options
    Well, I went spinning last night because I thought I was doing way better, but when I got home from work today I was throwing up. I had a training session and some cardio to do today, but I had to cancel and now I'm bumbed out. On top of that, my hubby is bringing home chinese and I love Chinese. I feel like a weakling. This illness is getting me depressed. I saw everyones post's on what exercises they did, and it made me want to participate, but I can't exercise. Oh well I guess, maybe later this week. Keep me in your prayers my fittness pals.

mandakay
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    Let your body take a time out so you can get better faster.

Don't get bumbed b/c you can't exercise, just get well and you'll be posting your exercises along with everyone else.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I agree with skinner-me, give your body time to heal and work your way back into it. Sorry you didn't get to eat chinese. I love chinese too. Take the time you need and just remember we will be here to talk to if you get down.
  • mandakay
    Options
    You guys are really sweet. Thanks for the support. I'll keep you updated.

mandakay
  • kimford28
    Options
    How are you feeling now Mandakay?
  • mandakay
    Options
    I don't know what is wrong with me, I am still feeling down and sluggish. I think I am goiing to just try and push through and start up my normal routine again. Maybe I need to sweat out what's left of my cold/flu. Thanks for asking. Talk to you guys later.

Mandakay
  • kimford28
    Options
    Have you gone to the Dr? getting enough sleep at night?
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought that may be adding to your feeling right now....

It's the time of year when seasons change and sunlight is lacking. This can really be a problem for some of us and make feeling sluggish all that much worse.

After moving from a "Sunny" state to the middle of New York (Syracuse) where through a long series of doctor visits and consultations I was told that the sunlight I was missing was the reason why my sleep cycle was disturbed, why I felt 'sick', why I was dizzy and off balance, etc. etc.

I now know that when I don't get good sunlight it makes me feel really bad and my body kind-of shuts down. So I have to pay attention to it, especially when going from summer to winter during the cloudiest days of the year. Speaking of which - the suns out for the first time in three days, so I am going outside!!!

Take care Mandakay! I hope this might help.
  • mandakay
    Options
    Well, No...no doctor. I have my energie back now, and I feel a little better about myself cause I lost a few pounds. However my cold hasn'r gone completly away. But I feel soooooo much better. I worked out for the first time today, and I felt like I could do more....didn't want to push it too much. I guess my olny problem right now is that I still have some gross stuff that i'm swallowing, and a runny nose. I do have a few Dr. appointments in a dew weeks, so I will talk it over with them if it's not completely gone by then.

And you know what? I got a new job about 6 weeks ago and it's in a building withnow windows ay all. It's also not in a very safe part of town so I never go outside. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole not enough sunlight thing has anything to do with it. Thanks for the tip!

And I know I've said his a lot, but I really do appreciate all the support and care from all of you that respond and ask questions. It's really helpful.

Mandakay