Hunger Games...

Options
jsteinberg87
jsteinberg87 Posts: 146 Member
Anyone else read the book or the trilogy? I just finished the trilogy and bought an anthology to read on my kindle, I'm SO rereading the whole trilogy. Its awesome!!!! :)

Replies

• wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    AAAAAHHHH I LOVE LOVE LOVE! The Hunger Games!!! They were so gooood
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    I will look these books up! I love to read. Just finished reading The Help. Loved it.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have read the trilogy twice now. Love them! Can't wait for the movie!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love the Hunger Games trilogy and can not wait until the film comes out :)
  • bankerangie
    Options
    I have read the first two books, but haven't gotten to the third one yet. I can't wait for the movie!!
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I will look these books up! I love to read. Just finished reading The Help. Loved it.

I am in the middle of The Help right now and loving it! The Hunger Games is next on my list though!
  • linder3186
    linder3186 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, read the trilogy this summer and quite enjoyed it .... even though it was supposed to be a "young adult" type book, guess I'm a young adult at heart 'cause I'm far from young :-)
  • msteadham
    msteadham Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have read all three and I LOVE them!
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    I so hope the film doesnt ruin the books. Everyone needs to read them first!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I've read them twice. It's one of my favorite series. I would read them again but I can't keep them in my house. They have been passed around among my friends for the past 10 months. I should charge a rental fee. LOL
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    DITTO!! I'm sure I'll love and hate the film all at the same time.
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised that I fell in love with these books. It's not really my genre, but Book #1 was chosen at book club and I'm glad it was.

I'm not a big fan of movies that come from books, but after seeing the trailer I can't wait!

The actress (I don't know her name) is EXACTLY how I pictured Katniss :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I liked the first book, the second one was ok but the 3rd left me really disapointed. I had the feeling that katniss was never able to find her own voice and was just reacting to the story and those plotting around her.

If you liked the hunger games I strongly suggest reading Divergent from Veronica Roth.
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I agree! I was so disappointed by Twilight. And until it's remade (fingers crossed haha) I'll always have to live with Robert Pattinson (sp) as Edward and his silly shimmering. A 4 year old could have come up with a better job than that!!!
    haha. sorry, that's my rant for the day. :flowerforyou:
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    I liked the first book, the second one was ok but the 3rd left me really disapointed. I had the feeling that katniss was never able to find her own voice and was just reacting to the story and those plotting around her.

If you liked the hunger games I strongly suggest reading Divergent from Veronica Roth.

Divergent was good though I like Hunger Games better.
  • jsteinberg87
    Options

I felt much the same way about the 3rd. It kinda ended like "she chose peeta had kids happily every after blah" - when we all know there is SO much more to Katniss. I suggest you start reading the anthology, which discusses that. Its a bunch of young adult authors that compiled their own "essays" addressing the trilogy. Interesting read, makes me think in a different perspective, and almost kind of settled my "unresolved" feelings of how the Mockingjay ends. Its called "The Girl Who Was On Fire" and it has many popular young adult author's opinions. I'm about halfway through :)
  • jsteinberg87
    Options

I agree! I was so disappointed by Twilight. And until it's remade (fingers crossed haha) I'll always have to live with Robert Pattinson (sp) as Edward and his silly shimmering. A 4 year old could have come up with a better job than that!!!
    haha. sorry, that's my rant for the day. :flowerforyou:

I feel like even though its categorized as a "young adult book series," the Hunger Games address way more than just a "love" story like Twilight. In Twilight, the moral story is love conquers all. Which is easy for any young adult to grasp their mind around. But with the Hunger Games, the love story is a subplot to many more things like power, politics, propaganda, control, social classes, social control.... I mean I could go on... Its really really an amazing series, I highly reccomend the anthology to anyone who's read the 3rd series. Called "The Girl Who Was On Fire" - its written by many different people with alot of different opinions. :)
  • jsteinberg87
    Options

Divergent was good though I like Hunger Games better.

I'll have to look into Divergent. I'm really looking for books that are similar to Collin's writing style (first person perspective) -[as I loved being in Katniss' head] and something similar in genre. If anyone has any reccomendations, Tell me a mini synopsis, and I'll love you forever!
  • jsteinberg87
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised that I fell in love with these books. It's not really my genre, but Book #1 was chosen at book club and I'm glad it was.

I'm not a big fan of movies that come from books, but after seeing the trailer I can't wait!

The actress (I don't know her name) is EXACTLY how I pictured Katniss :)

I haven't watched the trailer yet for a reason, however, I didn't picture her brunette. I always thought of a blonde braided girl. Maybe I'm thinking of Prim. This is part of why I want to re-read them
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I finished the series not too long ago. It was definitely one the best series I've read in awhile. The plot was great and it was refreshing to see a strong female character for once. I look forward to the movie!