core exercises

Options
I need some new core (ab) exercises... any good exercises?

Replies

• ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Anything with planks or the bicycle crunch are my favourites. A lot of pilates moves are great for overall core as well.

Look up some videos on Youtube. I'm sure you'd come up with some great ones.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    6 week six pack is pretty killer if your up for it i have it on dvd and have yet to complete one session
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Go to Youtube and find Ab Ripper X video from P90X and do those.

The total workout is only 15 - 20 minutes long or so, and believe you can watch the 3 or 4 series for free there. (assuming you do not have the P90X program).

Bring on the burn!!! Cheers!
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Heel Taps are really good for lower-abs. Lay on the ground, put your legs in the air, bent at a 90 degree angle (shins parallel to ground), and then straighten and lower one leg at a time.

Also if you have a BOSU (or even just a big pillow on the floor) - sitting down, leaning back, and getting back up without using your hands - works the core muscle that goes all the way down the front of your tummy.
  • obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    Options
    The P90X Core Synergistics is great along with the Ab Ripper X session. Definitely works your mid-section! Good luck to ya.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Heel Taps are really good for lower-abs. Lay on the ground, put your legs in the air, bent at a 90 degree angle (shins parallel to ground), and then straighten and lower one leg at a time.

I did a workout off the TV this morning.."Incredible Abs 6"..and she did this except with an add-on..so when you have both legs at 90 degrees, do a reverse crunch, then tap one foot to the floor. Alternate which foot taps down.

Look for Cindy Whitmarsh on youtube and you should be able to find some good exercises in her cliips.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Hanging leg raise and bicycle crunches.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • whitdance
    Options
    That's a great idea... YouTube it is ! Thank you :)