Better eating = better skin

Options
mscoco10
mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
So i've always heard that when you eat right, exercise and drink water your skin will look great. Well for the past 2months i've been sticking to this motto. My face looks great. Once I had my son back in 09 i started get acne and crap on my face. I have tons of cremes, cleanners, mask, etc. They all worked a little but the issues never got clear. I'm loving my new skin along with my new shape. Has anyone else had the effect?

Replies

• jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I definitely noticed a change for the better. I am not sure if it is the increase in water or what, but I was very glad with the pleasant side effect : ).
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. My skin has cleared up a lot since I've changed my diet.
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    yep, people comment on my skin alot.
  • Go_n4Gold
    Options
    I have always attributed it to the increase of water consumption. Although, it is reasonable to assume healthier eating must have a positive impact as well.

Congratulations on your success!!
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Skin is usually clear now without anything special put on it anymore! If I eat bad for a while, like when we went on vacation, I break out! So another upside to a healthy life is great skin!!! Yaaaaaay!!!
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Definitely something I have noticed since upping my healthy eating, especially when I went vegetarian.

About 6 weeks ago I began trying to up my protein with soy drinks and soy isolate powders and I broke out all over again. I've cut it out and things are looking up again.

I also find that that alcohol has a horrible effect on my skin :frown: