What do you wish you could do...

Options
impudentputz
impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
Sorry, i stole this from someone's blog post, but i thought it was a great idea for a thread.

What do you wish you could do if you lost all the weight you are trying to lose?

I have a couple....

1) Pull Ups... yep, in 28 years i have never been able to do a pull up (*or chin up for that matter*)

2) touch my toes without bending my knees... seems trivial... but still would be nice to be able to do

What would you like to do???

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Bunjee Jumping
    Sky Diving

Wear a bathing suit without cringing
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be able to run a 5k, with out stopping for rest to catch my breath!!!

Touching your toes is such an amazing feeling, after not being able too!!!

Stay focused and dedicated and you can do it! The only one stopping you, is you!!

Best Wishes~Rhonda
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I've NEVER been able to do a pull up so that would be 1 things.
    I wish I could deal with emotions without relying on food or alcohol.
    I wish I could simply throw on a little something, look in the mirror and walk on instead of thinking it doesn't fit or look right.
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    I've NEVER been able to do a pull up so that would be 1 things.
    I wish I could deal with emotions without relying on food or alcohol.
    I wish I could simply throw on a little something, look in the mirror and walk on instead of thinking it doesn't fit or look right.

This esp the last one.

11627635.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    The list is long but distinguished (Top Gun Quote)...

Zipline
    Be on the show "The Amazing Race"
    Bend down and be able to pick something up while my legs are held together in a lady like fashion.
    Paint my toe nails
    Turn the heads of cute guys again!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I would love to wear a cute swimsuit again without feeling like a blimp.

I would ADORE seeing a picture of myself, and saying "Wow, look at that great shape!"

It's coming...................I can see the glimmer down the road :love: :love:
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    take a tumbeling class
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    1) The number one thing I would like to do is to hike at least half way down the Angel Bright Trail at the Grand Canyon and back up again! (last time I attempted it I was extremely unfit, my face was purple by the time I made it all the way up)

2) Possible be taken off of my medication for depression and anxiety. I know a lot of exercise helps with that and I am hoping it will help me with that too! It would be great to be 'healthy' mentally as well as physically.

3) Sit V-legged at least at a 90degrees instead of a 23degrees with one knee bent because that leg refuses to go straight.

4) Do REAL push ups! At least one or two!

5) Most of all...fell fantastic about myself!
  • ¢Penny¢
    Options
    If I lost the weight I was planning to lose, I could Reap at a much faster pace!
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I want to go back to Paris and walk everywhere without losing my breath. My husband was so sweet about it and he would let us rest. We went down to the catacombs, 130 steps down, 83 steps back up....2k...My face was blood red and I could't breathe. I was sure was having a heart attack. I'd love to go back and really be able to go everywhere effortlessly.

~Ans~
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to do the martial arts tricks I used to be able to.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hmm, can't think of many at the moment. One though is:

- I wish I could run long distances without my leg falling asleep ( I haven't done this in a long time and with proper shoes... so maybe I'll give this another shot soon )
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The list is long... and ridiculous... and ridiculously long...

A couple:
    I wish I could run a Boston Marathon qualifying time
    I wish I could play skip on my curling team
    I wish I could through hike the Appalachian trail
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    back handsprings.

vert ramp

kick flip
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    I would love to once again hike deep into the woods, camp out, enjoy the wilderness once again
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    1. Run without being completely out of breath!
    2. Wear this, without feeling like I look awful :tongue:
    http://www.unique-vintage.com/stop-staring-black-tiffany-scoop-neck-with-rose-swing-dress-p-7976.html
  • MrsBrit2007
    Options
    1. Run track again. I had to stop due to an ankle injury in high school, and I still miss it.
    2. Look in the mirror and have my first thought not be a negative one.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    swing across the monkey bars.. never have i been able to do this even as a small child ive never had the arm strength .

wear a tight fitting dress, all my dresses flare out twards the bottom so to not show my hips / lower belly section
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Wear any kind of boots I want. Now I can only wear slouch boots.
  • BamaGurl47
    Options
    look decent in my cloths ... be able to wear a bathing suit one day and to look good in the cloths i wear for an interview and not have someone be prejudice against me for how i look.