Is this right?

Options
some days, when I don't think I'll have enough time to complete a DVD workout I'll do my own thing, of course wearing my hrm. Mix cardio and strength training. While doing strength training if course I complete my reps but I don't allow my hr to go below 120. I get up and do more cardio. Is that right?
Where should I aim to keep my hr for max burn?

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of heart rate monitor you have, but my Polar has where it will calculate the proper heart rate for your age, height, and weight through a process. My HR runs around 154 - 162 when I am exercising and getting great cardio. That is my HRM with a chest strap and it is calibrated for me though.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    ***moderator edited***

I'm not tired of exercising and I'm not looking for an easy way out.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of heart rate monitor you have, but my Polar has where it will calculate the proper heart rate for your age, height, and weight through a process. My HR runs around 154 - 162 when I am exercising and getting great cardio. That is my HRM with a chest strap and it is calibrated for me though.

I have a new balance something or other. I'll have to take a look and see if it's gives me that. Thanks!
  • stonebrakerm
    stonebrakerm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I spoke with a personal trainer who said that for cardio, he finds that going by heart rate has too many variables to be applicable to everyone, and that what he advises is to push yourself to the point where you are working hard enough that you couldn't carry on a conversation while doing cardio. Not sure about weight-training, but possibly the same.