My first NSV

Options
I am still pretty new here and this is my first NSV but after I was done I was pretty proud of myself.

Today I was running errands and had about 30 min to kill before my dentist appt. Normally this would give me the excuse to go to the drive thru for something. Well today I drove to the park and walked around the lake. Ok it is a small lake but I still walked 1.11 miles and then headed to the dentist.

And this is just the beginning!!!!!

Replies

• CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    WTG! Thats great !
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I got off work early one day and really wanted to take a nap. But instead I went rollerblading. We CAN do this!
  • Bon226
    Bon226 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What's NSV?
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's breaking the old habits that makes the difference (not managed all of mine yet!)
  • bluegirl17
    Options
    That's great! Good for you.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What's NSV?

NSV = Non Scale Victory.

Anything other than the number on the scale showing you have improved yourself (smaller dress size, compliment from someone, etc.)
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What's NSV?

Non Scale Victory.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Great Job!! This is a lifestyle change not a diet!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    An accomplishment that a big deal to you is important and wonderful. Congratulations.
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    that is an awesome nsv!! it shows great growth in your journey congrats you should be proud
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    That is huge! Way to go!
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!! I know it was small but to me it felt like a huge victory!!

I Love MFP and all of the people on here! You are AWESOME!!!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I think its awesome! its not "small" at all. I dont drive so wen i have to go places i train/ walk but its usually only short walks and other than that i do very little. getting myself to do 15 mins exercis may seem "small" but its big in my context, and that wat matters. it was a huge victory for you to choose exercise. dont see an of those things as small victories because each will help you on your way. You will not suddenly start running 50 miles a day from nothing, you gotta take steps to get there and each succeesful step is a victory! I'm doing a challange atm that others may see as small but to me its big cause it gets me exercising!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!