Heart rate monitors

Options
Okay, I need to get heart monitors for my husband and I both so we can see exactly how many calories we burn during our workouts. However, I do not want to spend a fortune on them. Any suggestions?

Replies

• TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    A BODYBUG is MUCH more accurate....HRM are really best for seeing if you are working out at your max heart rate or 75% , 80%, etc..... I've had both and the bodybug gave me better results. The HRM I had was a Polar F7 with chest strap(a good one) and it way over shot my calorie burns!!!!! If you want to just get cardio vascularly fit get a HRM so you can check your heart rate if you want to lose weight go to www.bodybugg.com and get a bodybugg. FYI-The bodybugg is what the ppl on The Biggest Loser wear to track their calories burned :) & the BodyMedia Fit is the SAME thing and Jillian Michaels promotes them too! They're pricy but worth it. :):flowerforyou:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My Timex will arrive today. I'll tell you next week if you are interested.
    Price from amazon is $36+ depend on the model. You can get it cheaper from ebay. I read the review from amazon over 200+ review, they got 4 stars.
    I'm on budget. Polar is of course better but it costs more and you can't replace battery by yourself.
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bodybugg looks nice but its more than i want to spend. im not looking to spend a whole lot on it- i know im working in the right zone i just want to get a generalized idea of how many calories we burn since its hard to find online for 30 day shred.
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My Timex will arrive today. I'll tell you next week if you are interested.
    Price from amazon is $36+ depend on the model. You can get it cheaper from ebay. I read the review from amazon over 200+ review, they got 4 stars.
    I'm on budget. Polar is of course better but it costs more and you can't replace battery by yourself.

yes please let me know!