It's crazy honestly but.....i can't help it

Options
So I am body building thus eating a ton of food to gain muscle....which means I gain fat also. Its crazy ya know I always said to myself I was ok to gain 5kg (11lbs) and I would just cut after I had reached a level of strength and muscle ect that I was happy with.....but seeing that number on the scale climbing is just more than a bit scary. I get nervous what happens if I am not dedicated enough to cut. What if this, what if that, it is the craziest party of my journey to being healthier yet.

The amount I have gained could be water but I just have no idea.

Replies

• ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    so I forgot to add the question.....how on earth do I get over this? I don't want to stop bulking I honestly don't but at the same time the fear I will put on weight and not shed it is just a bit over powering
  • DerpdyHerp
    Options
    Have a plan and stick to it. The more you do it, the easier it gets mentally. Try mini bulk/cut cycles, like gain 10, cut 5 or so. Also, go for a slow, controlled cycle.
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    I go through the same process last year going from my cut to my bulk was probably one of the hardest things I had to after weighing so much one point in my life and getting down to so little. You just need to continually remind yourself that you have a structured plan and you accept the fact that during the bulk you put on some fat its inevitable but in a couple of months or so (or however long your bulk is) it will all be shredded up and lean muscle. I begin my bulk in less than 2 weeks and am somewhat nervous, but again its all about having that structured plan and sticking to it. I like to say you can't get big without getting a little soft, unfortunately this is so true in order to put on some real size you need to accept that you will gain excess fat as well. Best of luck on the bulk though I'm sure everything will go as planned!
  • ritajean3
    Options
    Everything I have read has said not to bother counting calories and instead just eat carbs for fuel and protein after for muscle growth. Anyway I have gained 4lbs in a week is that possibly too much should I count anyway and focus on hitting my carb protein fat targets?

Also how clean should I be eating? I am thinking maybe that is why I gained so much weight because the carbs and fats I'm eating aren't the best and I don't bother to count the calories in them
  • ritajean3
    Options
    gosh im impatient keep checking back again and again. I have done so much research but for some reason I just can't get my brain around it....i think i need it spelled out in simple words maybe