Hi, looking for support friends

Options
Kerie2
Kerie2 Posts: 10 Member
Hi, I am looking for friends out there. Been on here for about a month I think that if I had some friends that are doing this also that it would be nice. I am a Christian military spouse (in Texas) and I am hoping to get down to a size 8 pants by the time my hubby gets home from deployment. Or even by mid tour would be even better! (which is another 4 months and now I am a size 12/14) I'd love to compare menus, recipes, exercise and experiences with this new life style change!

Add me if you would like. :)

Replies

• rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a military wife...feel free to add if you'd like! :)
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    welcome to the mfp world. Got support here if you like. I am a mum in Australia, but still looking to lose weight and get my self back to shape. Big position you are in being a partner of an army man. I will find out what thats like soon with my partner going overseas for nearly 2 months. He hasn't been away for more than 3 days so not sure how I will cope. Already worrying about him and he's not going for another 2 weeks. Still. Got something to focus on, fitness, the kids and mfp friends. Add me and I will support you and cheer you on from the side lines for sure. cheers Lou
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Great goals and I'm sure he would be pleasantly surprised as well I'm always here to help support and motivate others I truly believe MFP is one of the greatest fitness communities on the internet. So much positivity and support it truly is remarkable. I think without a doubt you can have that size 8 goal accomplished come mid tour 4 months is plenty of time. My suggestion for you since your weight loss isn't as significant as somebody looking to lose 80lbs for instance, is seriously consider incorporating resistance training into your exercise (weight lifting) I know many women are so opposed but when it comes to slimming your waist and shedding those extra pounds it can honestly work wonders!! I hope you'll consider and best of luck in all your goals!
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am a Christian, lived in Del Rio, TX, whole family from Dallas and sister is an Aggie, Gig 'em!. I'm very supportive and have been on MFP for about a year. In that time, I stopped logging once and my weight crept back on. Coincidence? I think not lol.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) *salute to all military wives* You women are really strong and the most awesome women!