New and looking for a change!

Options
Hello,

I am 45 years old and I am in desperate need of getting in shape. I had bariatric surgery approximately six years ago, lost 150 pounds at that time, but have since had a baby and now I have gained back most of my weight.

I would like to find some friends in Columbus, Ohio to possibly meet and walk with. I could really use some support.

Replies

• JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't live in your area but will give moral support if you want to add me as a friend...good luck with your life style change. :happy:
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is a great site, full of support! I don't live in your area, but would be happy to support you via MFP! Either way, best of luck, you can do it!
  • WenniL
    WenniL Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Kim, I just friend requested you. I'm not technically in Columbus. I work in Dublin (when I'm not sent out of town) and live in Marion Ohio. The end of the construction season and extra long hours with all the out of town work is what is harming my progress. I eat what i can, when I can. and here lately I'm normally on the road so it's hard to eat a saled while driving down the road. LOL

I need to get back into it. When work slows down i'm looking to start working out again. I love yoga and zumba. right now loging my food (journaling) is just a challenge in it's self. Since we're so close to eachother (location wise) I think we can really be a positive influence to eachother. Congrats on your new baby :) I'm also seeing a dietician (when I'm in town) and she gives me major motovation. I would love to share her tips with you. The hardest part about doing anything is getting started...and you've already done that by joining this site :) Step 1 is out of the way...now it's just one day at a time. It sounds so east doesn't it :) lol