1500 cals, out of ideas for meals!

Options
Okay, Hello!

I was at 144 in April, now at 132.8!! Take that, jiggly gut! I am 5' 7" and loving it.

Doing 1500 cals to meet my goal of 130 by Thanksgiving.

I am headed for 125 because I am going to be my friends Maid of Honor and I gotta be lookin' good in the wedding! (cuz, you know, there will be ex-boyfriends and stuff to show off for).

SO-- I am super bored with what I am eating. I hate eggs, so thats not an option. Mostly looking for low-cal lunch and dinner ideas! around 450-500 cals where I am not starving 2 hrs later :) Right now I usually do an english muffin and juice, then some sort of wrap on an organic tortilla, fruit, water and then whatever is for dinner.

Inspire me with yummy lunches that are quick to throw together before work!! :)

also, friend me, ladies who are at a similar weight place and headed to a similar goal, i want to stalk your food diaries ;)

Replies

• tcpowell25
    Options
    I'm also 5'7" at 148 and my goal is 125. I'm sending a request.
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My food diary sucks right now or I would totally friend you, lol. Its embarassing. I ate a happy meal for dinner tonight. When I do have time to actually plan my meals, I do alot of wraps, fish, etc. Its just all frozen in my freezer. For quick things to take to work, I grab fruits, oatmeal, peanut butter and whole grain breads, almonds, pistachios, tuna stuffed cucumbers, or veggies that I have to cut up at the beginning of the week or I'll never make it out the door! If I can get detailed receipes later I can write them in. Just some quick ideas!
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Admittedly my food diary is not stellar, but you are welcome to peruse... there have been good days, and terrible days...I am working on simply being honest about it every day.
    (This week is weird as I am on a more restrictive food list than usual.)

I am a wee bit shorter than you, and have some food allergies, but I love me a variety of veggies! Salad can be made so many ways and is (can be) a ton of fun! I also just discovered sea kelp...it looks like a tangle of translucent rice noodles, but has a kind of crunch to it - I have been throwing it in salad and mixing them in soups for some added texture without a lot of calories.

Soup and salad is an easy one to toss together and pretty portable...I try to remember to pack lunch the night before to save time.

if there is anything I can do for you, let me know!
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request. I'm 5'5", and currently 162 with a goal of 140ish. I'm at 1200 a day, but I've quickly learned I need to exercise more so I can eat more. :laugh:
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Soups, sandwiches, I do a lot of steamed veggies. Oatmeal. Really anything you want, as long as you weigh and measure to stay in your calorie goal.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you have a George Foreman Grill just throw on a couple of (defrosted) frozen Talapia Filet's for 3 minutes. I usually put a little butter and some seasoning on them before hitting the grill. Three minutes is perfectly cooked. Whatever sides you like works great. Somtimes when in a hurry I open a can of black beans, rinse them and heat up a serving in the microwave.

My diary is not open. I put in there stuff no one wants to see like my daily weight, digestive issues, TOM, etc... I'm hoping it will help me to coorelate if I have any food related stuff going on.
  • Cherisehirz
    Options
    I love old fashioned oats (cooked in microwave, they are chewy) with 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter and 4 to 6 oz of yogurt (I do activia, all flavors are yummy, but vanilla is probably the best) all mixed together.
    OR
    I sometimes swap the yogurt out for different flavors of protein powder (Chocolate, Vanilla, Banana, Cookies and Cream, Graham Cracker)
    You can omit the PB, and add any nut butter, or simply leave it out.
    You can mix in fruits (berries, bananas, peaches, apples, anything you like!), pumpkin puree, whole nuts, spices (cinnamon, apple pie and pumpkin pie spice mix, etc...)
    I sometimes even make it with cheese and ground turkey/chicken, green onions. It just all depends on what you like.

Obviously I'm in love with oatmeal! It is my FAVORITE! You can play with it, and mix it up, its simply amazing!