Redneck Wedding Ring Guard

Options
It pays to have a fisherman in the house:

I am not at my final goal YET, so I'm not ready to have my anniversary band re-sized

so my hubby tied a snell knot, using 14 # test line, and it works!!!!

My ring isn't loose anymore- and it's invisible.

fishinglineringguard.jpg

fishinglineringguardcloseup.jpg

Replies

• RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    super cute.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    That's excellent!
  • ksavvy
    ksavvy Posts: 52
    Options
    I was just brainstorming the other day as to how to take care of the same problem...Redneck solutions rock! I just wish I had a fisherman in the house.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Cool, I wish my dh was so handy!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem....can I borrow your husband? The only thing mine knows how to tie is his shoes! (But he's cute...and he buys flowers...so i'll keep him!)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Love it!!
    And congrats on the weight loss so far!!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!! My husband is a fisherman!!! Great idea -- and it will be put to use this weekend =)
  • renee474
    renee474 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thanks for the tip. I have the opposite problem. I can't get mine off! Maybe one day .... :wink:
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hola! I work in the jewelry industry, and if you have a mall nearby go and find a Claire's. They have clear plastic "snuggies" that pop onto the underside of your ring. It is much easier to take off and on! Just a tip! Most jewelers also do ring guards for free :)

YAY!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    This looks like something my dad would do. (:
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    haha love the creativity! :P
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    have to say, i work in this industry, and have seen a lot of things that people have done to take up room when a ring is too loose. i think this is super clever, and beats the hell out of a masking tape blob!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    genius! i love this!
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    GREAT Idea!!! my ring keeps flying off and its so aggravating! it was expensive and I don't wanna lose it! I'm totally stealin' your idea! I don't wanna resize until I've reached goal! (My ring is a size 8 1/2 and now I can fit into a 6 1/2!!!!!)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Nice.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My DH did that for me once...it didn't last long as the fishing line really irritated my finger. I am having the same problem, too, and so far my solution is to wear it on my right hand (my right ring finger is a little larger) and to wear my mother's ring on my left hand. It won't be long until both rings will be too big to wear on either hand, and then I'll need to go get a guard.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! LOL Smart man!!!
  • SHERRYnGA
    SHERRYnGA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i love this!!! My rings are almost falling off! <3 will try & see if I can fix mine like this! < 3 (((LOVE!)))
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Love it,great idea! thanks for sharing!

3697427.png