Is this a trick??

Options
I started MFP about a week ago.
I've lost 2.4kg so far.
This seems like a trick to me, surely it cannot be so easy to lose weight?
Is it just water?
Or am I really going to be skinny? I guess I'm just in shock because I've been fat for so long, and had actually convinced myself
it was not possible to lose weight.

Replies

• boomerette
    boomerette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you go girl!!!
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nope not a trick. It is easy, if you are eating enough and good food and generally sticking within the macros, plus a little exercise, it really is that easy.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    MFP works :) !!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    it is easy :)

you might lose less weight than that in coming weeks, but it will still be lost!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    congrats...get back to me in about two months...i hope you can sayyou've seen nothing but losses...
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Hell yea thats great good job!! And its no trick I just got done telling someone else losing weight is 80% diet 20% exercise once you actually start counting what you put into your body everyday the pounds will honestly fly off, keep it up!!
  • Deb2012
    Deb2012 Posts: 124
    Options
    It is easy and possible if you're doing everything right :smile: :smile:

Congrats on 2.4kg so far :bigsmile:

In answer to your question is it water? It might be, it might not be. I never had the "water weight" loss when I first started. Either way, you've started and are on your way! Just stick at it. Remember you will have highs and no doubt bumps and hurdles along the way but NEVER EVER GIVE UP :happy:
  • Lynnmt34
    Options
    VERY GOOD!!!!!
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Not a trick. Just keep up the good work!
  • wise1owl
    Options
    Actually sounds like too rapid of a weight loss so I suspect some of it is water. Having said that, MFP isn't a program or magic. If you're honest with yourself and pay attention, it works because it is a tool for you to realize what you are actually eating and a change your habits. That is the only true and lasting weight loss, changing your habits! It's got to be a way of life (but leave out fanaticism). It's o.k to not be perfect every minute of every day. You're on a path, not a program. Good luck and keep plugging away!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Some of it is probably water, but it's not a trick.
    MFP really works if you have the committment to keep eating well and exercising!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You lose water weight the first week. Don't worry, you'll be complaining about not losing in a couple weeks. But seriously, it works. You will level off and lose weight slowly and sometimes steadily.