Any of you eat Pure Protein bars?

Options
Any of you eat Pure Protein bars? Have you lost weight doing so? They have barely any sugar which is great because im Insulin Resistant but WOW IT TASTES SO SWEET it felt wrong to be eating it!! DOES IT REALLY HELP YOU LOOSE WEIGHT? it sure has a lot of calories 200 but all in all looks good for you.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE BARS They are in almost every grocery store out there. and taste good

http://www.pureprotein.net/

Thanks

Replies

• jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have not tried these specific ones, I eat Balance Bars and they are ok. I haven't checked the sugar content either. But it is good to hear other recommendations!! Thanks!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    If it fits in your macros then yes :]
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    I eat them when I can't find or have time to get some real food, i.e. miss lunch, traveling, etc. Overall they have a good amount of protein but still a good amount of sugar and carbohydrates. I wouldn't use them as a consistent meal replacement.
  • JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Both me and my girlfriend use those as a snack option in between meals occassionally. As you wrote, they are low in sugar, taste very good and pack a good amount of protein at 18 to 20 grams each. Plus, Kroger usually has them on sale for a dollar. We buy them for those reasons, not necessarily because they're crucial to our weight loss plan.

That said, any of the pure protein bars are a far cry above anything you'd find in a vending machine. Use them as a supplement in your diet, but don't expect them to be a major factor in your weight loss. Clean eating and excercise will do it.
  • qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    Options
    I stock up on Pure Protein bars every week! They are my go to protein bar. Eat one nearly every day.

Have definitely lost weight with them. Agree with what others have said, they aren't the main reason for my weight loss. I use them as a snack between meals.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I eat them when I can't find or have time to get some real food, i.e. miss lunch, traveling, etc. Overall they have a good amount of protein but still a good amount of sugar and carbohydrates. I wouldn't use them as a consistent meal replacement.

There are artificial sugars, but not a good amount of real sugar. And only 20g of carbs. Thats really not a lot at all
  • misty1627
    Options
    if i buy them would they go as a snack once a day ????
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    if i buy them would they go as a snack once a day ????

if you have the calories and need to hit your macros sure. i have them when i'm on the run but looking for more protein in my day.
  • tjolley2much
    Options
    I eat the Pure Protein Peanut Butter and chocolate. They do have 200 calories but you get at least 20 grams of protein, so they stay with you. Snickers has a Honey & Toasted Almond Energy Bar that has only 150 cals & 10 grams of protein & 7 grams of fiber. They do not taste as sweet to me as the Pure Protein but they have 10 grams of sugar so I don't know if they would work for you. You may also want to look at the EAS Advantage brand. I drink their chocolate fudge shake because you get 17 grams of protein for 110 cals. Again, it may not work for you because of sugar.

I am certainly no expert but I will say that since I have upped my protein, I have seen more change in my body and weight with the same exercise regimen. Plus, I feel more satisfied which means I don't constantly think about eating:)
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    No one thing will make you lose weight. A bar might be a better choice than a number of other less healthful foods, but don't think that it is better than simpler foods like a handful of nuts, lean proteins, or bars sweetened naturally. I like Lara bars. They're sweetened by dates, which I admit might have an insulin effect, but I don't think laboratory derived sweeteners are that good for our bodies.
  • kerriemily
    kerriemily Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love them! I have one everyday..or every other day, depending on how badly I need to up my protein. I like them a lot because they fill me up for a few hours! I like the taste, and I also like how you can just grab, pack, and go. I'm a new mom, so I need the protein! However, I prefer to get my protein from tuna, or other kinds of fish. If I don't have the time, I whip out one of the bars.

I also run every day. Sometimes after a hard, but good workout these are great. Fill you up, and let you go about your daily activities quicker.
  • snowrose3
    snowrose3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love pure protein and have lost with them. Low sugar, high protein, pretty good taste....I think they're a good pick!
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My preference is the Zone Perfect bars...they are my in between meals snacks! Also, I just found my post workout protein source...it is a product from Darigold. It is called Refuel, they taste so good.
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My preference is the Zone Perfect bars...they are my in between meals snacks! Also, I just found my post workout protein source...it is a product from Darigold. It is called Refuel, they taste so good.

...and there is 20 grams of protein per bottle!
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I eat Pure Protein bars for a snack quite often. They seem to help.
    Good luck,
    Doni
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I got nuts for them....
    So so good...I even love them more than regular chocolate candy bars like mars etc...

They are the best protein vs carbs and calories that I've found on the market (cheap too).

From : 180-200 cal, 18-22g carbs, 19-21g protein....for the small 50g ones.
    That's very very good cause other type have lots more carbs and lot less protein. mostly 15g