Seriously, what am I supposed to eat...

Options
For two days in a row, I have been under my suggested calories, but over in carbs, protein, fiber, and sugar.

I eat whole grain foods, a moderate portion of meat, and lots of fruits and veggies. This is what I have learned is the right way to eat.

What am I supposed to eat when I am trying to stay balanced at my calorie level, and am over in the nutritional parts? What doesn't have carbs, protein, fiber, or sugar? Seriously ;}

* please read with playful frustration, not true angst or upset, just a little baffled.

Replies

• julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Beats me :0{
    :grumble:
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    If you could make your diary public it would make diagnosing the problem a little easier. Unfortunately without it, its hard to tell. sorry :(
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're lacking fat. Eat more good fats and it should balance out your numbers.

And by the way, don't worry about being over in protein and fiber. Those are really minimums.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fat. Fat doesn't' have carbs, protein, fiber, or sugar, and it does have lots more calories. It's true you don't want to eat a lot fo SATURATED fat, but poly and mono UNSATURATED fat is very good for you and has been shown to improve cholesterol and triglycerides in your blood.
  • FozzyDunlop
    FozzyDunlop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sugar and dietary fiber are carbohydrates. So those are just under your carb intake. Only thing left besides protein and carbs is fats. You must be under in your fats. Dependent on your goals or your own personal dietary needs, I wouldn't worry so much about hitting the numbers this website posts for you. Just focus on staying under your caloric goal. Unless you are completely lacking in one of the main three of carbs, fats and proteins. Fats contain more calories per gram than proteins or carbs, but they provide a feeling of satiety, partly because they are converted more slowly than carbs or proteins. Adding some of the healthy fats into your diet will help your health and help kill some of those hunger pangs.
  • rachdlew
    rachdlew Posts: 108
    Options
    You need your nutrients. The protein is set really low on this site my protein is always over by at least 90 but I am also lifting weights. I dotn know if you go to a regular doctor or anything but if you can ask a doctor or a nutritionist they would really be able to help you. I know it can be frustrating and the only reason my diet is the way it is is because I had a trainer write one out for me because I wanted something strict. I am one of those peoople who have to have stuff laid out for them lol at least until I get to a healthy weight and I figure it out for myself. Good luck and if you cant go see someone do research on line and see what you can find there.
  • luv4SFO
    luv4SFO Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the prompt replies all.

Yes, the fats have it! I'm at about half of what is suggested.

I know nuts and fish are good fats, and avocado...

Any other suggestions?
  • starscapenatasha
    Options
    Olive oil, grapeseed oil. When cooking, try cooking your veggies in a little bit of it. A.) It's delicious and B.) All good fats. Fish has great fats too.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    food would be my suggestion.
  • NostalgicDruid
    Options
    I used to get really frustrated at MFP telling me I had too much sugar when most of my sugar was just from fresh fruit. I agree with the above that you might benefit from some healthy fats like nuts, avocados, etc.
  • luv4SFO
    luv4SFO Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    NostalgicDruid, I wanted to message you something directly, but found your account deactivated. Please message me on your new account if you have created one, as I appreciate your feedback, and have found we share similar ideas on several threads. I would like to communicate with you more. Thanks, luv4SFO