Messed up

Options
I messed up and ate way too many calories tonight and I'm terrified to step on the scale in the morning. I don't know why this is such a struggle for me. I clearly want to lose weight more than I want food, but I just can't seem to overcome it! Help?

Replies

• Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    Dont worry just move on and do what you can its better to take it one step at a time.
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    DOnt beat yourself up! We all mess up once in a while. Not sure about you,but sometimes later in the evening, just out of pure boredom, I will grab something to eat...putting me over my calories. Knowing that I do this, i will either grab a glass of water, a healthier snack than normal, or just go to bed! keep healthy stuff around the house, and keep the higher calorie stuff at the store and out of your reach!

You can do this, stick with it, you will be glad you did! :) Good luck!
  • Yovocheko
    Options
    I messed up and ate way too many calories tonight and I'm terrified to step on the scale in the morning. I don't know why this is such a struggle for me. I clearly want to lose weight more than I want food, but I just can't seem to overcome it! Help?

if you have a solid day of eating 300 calories under vs 300 calories over another day, it will pretty much balance out! no worries! stick to it! if you need some help curving the hunger, try increasing fiber intake! it will make you feel full and the beautiful thing about fiber is your body CAN'T digest it! so it passes straight through and no calories added! fun simple tip :)
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    In the next few days, don't weigh yourself
    ..walk a little further..
    work out a little harder....
    drink that water instead..
    we have ALL done the over doing thing..
    no sense beating yourself up over it..
    you will know NEXT time..
    to walk away or take just ONE bite...
    you can do this..
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Just say to yourself it was one day. . which is gone and you can't get it back. . so just move forward and do better tomorrow. . We

all have times like that. . This journey is not easy. . but each and every one of us can and will do it! hugz
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Dude i hear you! I ate 800+ calories in chocolate today without realizing it. I didn't have anymore calories for dinner! I was really sad but I just worked out a little harder today and tomorrow I'll exercise more without eating back those calories. Maybe don't weigh yourself tomorrow. Give your body (and mind) some rest, work out more than usual tomorrow, and learn from today :)
  • Nicobh
    Nicobh Posts: 19
    Options
    That was me yesterday, but today was better. Letting go of bad eating days and going one day at a time helps. I've been reviewing my daily logs to find what may be similar about the days I eat badly. I've started writing comments in the eating log to help me remember.
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    I think the comment about making notes on your "bad" days is a really good idea. We need to learn WHY we over eat even though we don't really want to, and it is NOT easy so don't be too hard on yourself ok? we have ALL been there.
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Here's what I remind myself of when I mess up:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/momcindy/view/just-for-today-155885
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Here's what I remind myself of when I mess up:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/momcindy/view/just-for-today-155885
  • kk1290
    kk1290 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning feeling awful about myself, but as soon as I saw all these comments, I was SO motivated to forget yesterdays little slip up and keep pushing on! Thank you all SO much! This was my first time posting something in the message boards, and I am SO glad I did! You all are my inspiration today :)