Back after a while and want to get involved this time

Options
Hey all,
I'm a senior in college (undergrad) and life is a little busy but I really want to commit to some weight loss again. After my freshman year I gained the freshman 15 (or in my case 20 something). I worked really hard to lose weight and I went from 187 at my highest down to 170 and have kept that weight off ever since, without even keeping up my diet and exercise lifestyle. I'm really proud of myself for that.

When I got an Android phone I found this app and decided "what the heck! I'll give it a try!" Using this app on my own I managed to lose about 8 lbs :D...But here's where my story takes a turn for the disappointing. I was 162 lb in January and then life got the better of me and I lost my motivation and drive. I've gained all that weight back +2 (I blame summer laziness :P). Since then I get motivated and work out for a day or two but I find myself unable to keep it up for even a whole week and it's very frustrating.

I'm 5'5'' and my goal weight is ~155. I need to rededicate myself to weight loss and I figured this time around I could get involved in a community where I could get some encouragement. Having friends on here might help me stay motivated again. To even lose those 8 lbs I gained since I quit using MFP would make me feel so much better about myself.

If you survived my tl;dr I just want to say THANKS :)
I would love if people would add me as a friend and I would reaaally love people just sharing things that keep them motivated when they would rather not work out (or have that yummy piece of candy since Halloween is around the corner). I would love to lose about 7-8 lbs by the end of November and since I'm young I'm hoping that's a realistic goal!

Love,
Laura

Replies

• rayettainutah
    Options
    Hi there.

Glad you are back. I just joined not too long ago also.

You are young and because of that, it is in your favor I think. I found it easier to lose when I was young and now I am a senior citizen...yikes!! Hard to say that . The weight is coming off slow for me I keep going back and forth between 161 back to 164 back down etc. My goal is also 155 and I am 5' 6"

I am like you. I start exercising for three or four days and then stop. It has been different the past three weeks I have been on here. I feel like I need to check in and see what everyone is doing and so that motivates me to go out and do my run/walk that I have been doing. It snowed last night so that was my excuse this morning, but tomorrow I will be back at it.
    You are a senior in college and I am a "senior...so I guess we have that in common ha ha

We are here for you. I still don't know how to add people as friends. Add me if you would like.

Good luck!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    u can do whatever u set ur mind out to do..... in life sometimes motivation is lost but guess what.... u can always regain it.... surround urself with ppl whom will support u and ur journey...good luck on ur journey... i wish u the best of luck:bigsmile:
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

Glad you are back. I just joined not too long ago also.

You are young and because of that, it is in your favor I think. I found it easier to lose when I was young and now I am a senior citizen...yikes!! Hard to say that . The weight is coming off slow for me I keep going back and forth between 161 back to 164 back down etc. My goal is also 155 and I am 5' 6"

I am like you. I start exercising for three or four days and then stop. It has been different the past three weeks I have been on here. I feel like I need to check in and see what everyone is doing and so that motivates me to go out and do my run/walk that I have been doing. It snowed last night so that was my excuse this morning, but tomorrow I will be back at it.

We are here for you. I still don't know how to add people as friends. Add me if you would like.

Good luck!

love ur attitude hon... thats right stay positive...
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Welcome back if you want the support and motivation then this is the place to get it. Good luck and keep your motivation up.