Question for the ladies.......bit personal

Options
Random question, do you find that you weigh more at "that time of the month"?

Thanks in advance

Helen :D

Replies

• Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    sometimes, if I give into the food cravings yes
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Definatley, due to water retention :)

xxxx
  • CAlexRose
    CAlexRose Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Water retention for sure. I try to up my water intake and lower my sodium.
  • Visser1971
    Options
    Generally yes, at the start (the day of and day before I start) I retain water no matter how much I drink and weight about 4 or 5 lbs more than my weekly average, but by day 4 or 5 at the end, I am back to where I was if I keep to plan. I see this almost every month. Hope this helps! Christy
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I can put on nearly half a stone, even if I behave myself food wise. Extremely frustrating but at the same time it also comes off really quickly so I don't worry :o)
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yes I always weigh more during that time of the month. It does not matter for me how well I eat or how much I work out my body tends to gain and then it slowly comes back off.
  • ooshlet
    ooshlet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i can weigh up to 4lbs more at that time of the month - it's all water retention. i've stopped weighing myself a couple of days before my period as it's always so depressing. i find towards the end of my period i wee loads, and then i'm back to normal!

don't worry about it!
  • kechelle71
    kechelle71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can put on 3-4 lbs, I always have. I have been told that once my eating is healthier and I have lost some weight the weight gain will reduce.
  • sally1992
    Options
    Yes! Between 1-2lb heavier
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    naw not really i try not to... due to water retention...i would most definitely drive myself nuts if i did....
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Definitely, due to water retention -- anywhere from 2-7 lb. Always melts right off again after it ends.
  • sebrat
    sebrat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    GAH! Always...jeans are tighter and my fingers swell. Well, used to swell. I lost 20 lbs and when that happened this month, I had NONE of my usual signs, besides being cranky.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Yes, but not during. Before only. I can gain 2-3 lbs, and then I go back to normal the day it starts or the day after that.

Lucy :)
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Wow thanks for all your responses I really appreciate. :D
  • ronellevan
    Options
    Before we started our weigh loss challenge at work, I wouldn't weigh myself during that "water retention" week.
    It just discouraged me, even though I knew what it was and that ti would be gone in a few days.

Don't panic about it, it's perfectly natural and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No...I have been on my journey to lose weight for three months and I lose my 1-3 pounds even while TOM is here. Its actually usually on the higher side of the weight loss.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Yes - sometimes up to 5 lbs. more. Then I get a weight loss whoosh as it goes away. It's water retention.
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes and the week before also. Usually by 3-5 pounds. This is due to hormone changes which cause fluid retention. So drink lots of water and limit salty foods. This is also when I crave salt and sweets:(
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    P.S.: Ignore the jerks. You were asking a perfectly legit question and even thanked us in advance. Just for your own sanity, check out the search feature up there ^ next time. It will save you the headache of the useless "joke" images and attitudes. Hope it helps. :flowerforyou:
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yep! I was 3 pounds less today that I was 5 days ago which was my TOM>