How long is your day & how much do you eat?

Options
lstnlondry
lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
My day starts at 6am. I workout and then eat again (lately) because it takes so long to get to lunchtime! My day goes to maybe 11pm sometimes (teenagers!) so I am hungry until the end!! Is your day this long and do you snack until bedtime?

Replies

• chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    I have really long days too, and I try to do a larger number of smaller meals on the longer days. That keeps me going. As long as you don't go over your calories, you should be fine.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    5.30am to 12.30am on a work day :yawn:

I work 12.5 hour shifts with only a 10 minute break in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon.

Not alot of food consumed at all to be honest.

When I get home I like a bowl of cereal or something.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My day starts at 6am and I have days I work until 10pm (not all, but some). I don't snack, it's bad for the (my) liver. Before work, I consume 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil....either in a warm up of coconut cream (3-4 oz) or a combination of this in a blender cold, with a raw egg and ice...so basically a smoothie. This hold me over until lunch, around noon, which is my main meal. If I work late, then it's probably all I eat, unless I grab something at around 4 and that's it for the day. If I end work at regular quittin' time, 4pm then I eat dinner around 5-6 and that's it. Again, no snacking for me, no need as I eat enough to carry me to the next meal or I fall into a intermittent fast. Those are nothing but beneficial for me.

So even though I dont count calories, I eat anywhere from 800-2200 per day. Depending on how hungry I am and how readily available the food is.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    :smile: I get up about 6.00am have breakfast at 8.00am, take my son to school at 845, gym at 9.15-11.15am. Lunch at 12 or 12.30. Then I don't eat again until 5pm. After that I will have a light snack at 7.30pm. I usually go to bed about 9.30pm and am asleep by 11pm. :smile:
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My day typically starts at 5am with a run (or strength trng) and goes until 10-11pm. Lately I've been trying just something light before the workout - usually a banana. Then run and get ready for work and have my actual 'breakfast' - for that I've been having 1/2 C oatmeal with 1 C water, microwaved, then I add 1/4 C milk, 1T honey, & 2T organic peanut butter. I've been amazed at how full that keeps me, I'm no longer looking for multiple snacks to get me through to lunch and I even find myself having lunch later than I used to.
    I'm a duathloner so many evenings also include a bike ride after work. Since I usually have just a salad for lunch I do get hungry in the afternoon but I try to hold off on the snack until just before leaving work (unless I'm really starving) that way I've got a little something in my belly for the bike ride. I keep raw, unsalted almonds and raisins in my desk for snacks, just a few of the almonds seem to do the trick if I need something.
    I then tend to have a late dinner, about 8pm then a little after that I have my coveted :) dessert. I'm one of those people who if I don't have some type of dessert every night I'll reach that point where I make an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies and eat them all! So the later dinner and then knowing that my dessert will come shortly before bed I'm able to stay away from the evening snacking.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My day typically starts at 5am with a run (or strength trng) and goes until 10-11pm. Lately I've been trying just something light before the workout - usually a banana. Then run and get ready for work and have my actual 'breakfast' - for that I've been having 1/2 C oatmeal with 1 C water, microwaved, then I add 1/4 C milk, 1T honey, & 2T organic peanut butter. I've been amazed at how full that keeps me, I'm no longer looking for multiple snacks to get me through to lunch and I even find myself having lunch later than I used to.
    I'm a duathloner so many evenings also include a bike ride after work. Since I usually have just a salad for lunch I do get hungry in the afternoon but I try to hold off on the snack until just before leaving work (unless I'm really starving) that way I've got a little something in my belly for the bike ride. I keep raw, unsalted almonds and raisins in my desk for snacks, just a few of the almonds seem to do the trick if I need something.
    I then tend to have a late dinner, about 8pm then a little after that I have my coveted :) dessert. I'm one of those people who if I don't have some type of dessert every night I'll reach that point where I make an entire batch of chocolate chip cookies and eat them all! So the later dinner and then knowing that my dessert will come shortly before bed I'm able to stay away from the evening snacking.

I am so going to try that oatmeal idea! Old fashioned or quick oats? Teaspoon or tablespoon?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    My day is 24 hours :bigsmile: and I adjust the amount of food I eat after taking stock of myself about once a week. I generally eat 3000-4000 calories a day. works for me. :smile:
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I am so going to try that oatmeal idea! Old fashioned or quick oats? Teaspoon or tablespoon?

Sorry for the delay in responding, learning my way around the forums and how to re-find things I've posted on LOL

Old fashioned oats and tablespoons
  • StoryGirl9
    Options
    I am normally a 7am-11 pm person. However, I work 2 days a week as an ER nurse and that shift is from 2 pm to 2:30 am and most days I am up around 8 (so 6 hours before work). I tried to eat about 300 calories every 3-4 hours, so I sometimes do go over my calorie allotment. However, knowing my job, I also burn a lot more on those days (and also workout beforehand and burn about 600 calories). I find that if I don't eat enough I come home and eat my house...
  • luv4SFO
    luv4SFO Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also a long day person. Up before 6 bed around midnight.

I have a bowl of instant oatmeal and an activia yogurt for breakfast every day.
    Then I aim for about 300 calories every 3-4 hours after.
    I try not to eat within 5 hours before going to bed, but if I'm hungry I will eat something reasonable, otherwise I binge the next day.

I don't really feel like I ever get a meal, just lots of snacks but they are all pretty well balanced nutritionally, so I'm full of energy and feeling healthy.

Another note, lack of sleep increases cortisol levels which inhibit the metabolism and slows weight loss. Stress reducers like meditation and yoga will balance cortisol levels and keep the sleep deprivation from ruining your efforts.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    today: 545 am to present (11:19 pm -- why the hell am I still up?)!

I ate about 2200 calories today, and the last 6 things I ate were cookies :/
  • nifnif
    nifnif Posts: 22
    Options
    Completely random.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I get up at 4:30, breakfast at 6 (which I forgot today), snack at 9, lunch at 12, snack at 3, dinner at 6, back to bed at 9. Of course, I don't keep those exact times, they're just guidelines, sort of.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Completely random.

Ash Ketchum!