This is scary!

happyhubbard
happyhubbard Posts: 171
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I ate 2 donuts from Dunkin Donuts and could still easily eat the other 4! I didn't, of course- but still! Its weird that I could down a half dozen of donuts with no problem....ugh, I feel gross:sick:

Replies

• I ate 2 donuts from Dunkin Donuts and could still easily eat the other 4! I didn't, of course- but still! Its weird that I could down a half dozen of donuts with no problem....ugh, I feel gross:sick:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    that is why I dont buy those things anymore

buy 1 if any
    good luck
  • girlie1
    girlie1 Posts: 46
    I haven't had a doughnut in 15 months:grumble:
  • Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    I know that feeling all too well. Took the kids and hubby to Taco Bell today and had a Taco Salad AND a Fresco Burrito...and STILL I could have eaten much more. I didn't either, but I totally could have! I fought the temptation, but you can bet next time the kids and hubby want to eat there, I'm definately NOT. My taco salad alone was more calories than I wanted! Oh Well, I still managed not to go over, and excercised my butt off. Goog job on the self-restraint!

ALC

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    I just had a half cup of chocolate ice cream and some hot chocolate and am over my quota by 255 calories. Sheesh
  • corin22
    corin22 Posts: 24
    ok the thing is i get the food cravings when im laying in bed...does anyone have any ideas on what do do about this...i could raid the fridge but im thinking thats not the thing to do...HELP im starving now....
  • medic64
    medic64 Posts: 8
    Krispy Creammmm I am unable to eat just 1,, I stay away:brokenheart:
  • ear1128
    ear1128 Posts: 7 Member
    Work it off tomorrow, girl..**** happens
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    ok the thing is i get the food cravings when im laying in bed...does anyone have any ideas on what do do about this...i could raid the fridge but im thinking thats not the thing to do...HELP im starving now....

This is what I do. I eat a light snack before going to bed. Not to were it fills you up but just enough to fill that empty spot and I also drink a glass of water and this seems to keep me out of the fridge at night.
  • I AGREE ABOUT EATING A LIGHT SNACK BEFORE BEDTIME. I READ THAT WE SHOULD HAVE OUR HEAVIEST MEAL AT LUNCH AND NOT EAT AFTER 7PM. TRIED THAT AND IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME. I THEN ATE MY USUAL HEAVY MEAL (WHICH BEING A DIET FRIENDLY MEAL IS NOT ALL THAT HEAVY)AT 7PM AND A SNACK WITH TEA OR DIET SWISS MISS AT 9 TO 10PM. I LOST CLOSE TO 100LBS WITH THAT METHOD. EVERY PERSON HAS TO TRY DIFFERENT THINGS AND FIND WHAT WORKS FOR THEM. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ BUT DO TRY SOMETHING YOU THINK MIGHT WORK FOR YOU. EVEN TRY THINGS YOU HEAR AND AT FIRST THINK "THAT WILL NEVER WORK FOR ME". YOU NEVER KNOW. ALSO, BE SURE YOU ARE GETTING ENOUGH FOOD. A GOOD DIET PLAN SHOULD NEVER LEAVE YOU WITH A HUNGRY FEELING. FILL UP WITH THOSE VEGGIES, FRUITS (WATERY FRUITS LIKE MELONS AND GRAPES AND BERRIES FILL YOU UP THE BEST) LOW CALORIE SOUPS. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH FOOD YOU WILL BE ABLE TO EAT IF YOU DO IT RIGHT. LOTS OF GOOD WISHES FOR YOUR SUCCESS.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    For sweet night cravings-a cup of hot tea with a bit of honey and milk did the trick for me ( I also used equal in place of honey)

As for the doughnuts. Bad begets bad in my book. I know there is a scientific reason behind the need to follow sugar and fat with more sugar and fat............but for me I repeat the mantra

Bad begets bad.

In 12 step programs they tell you to think the drink through. Same holds for that doughnut. Picture yourself eating it, then what will happen next. You have to go all the way to the end when your in guilt mode writing a thread on MFP for the exercise to work.

I havent had an doughnut in 10 months.............now oreos thats a different story:blushing:
This discussion has been closed.