wedding = alcohol

Options
My first hurdle is fastly approaching. A good friends and old drinking buddys wedding, which can only mean one thing.
My weekly calories gone in the space of 12hrs.
I know dont Drink!! but is it that easy???

Replies

• kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Exercise more this week to "earn it"? Have fun!!
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just because you're getting together with drinking buddies doesn't mean you HAVE to drink a lot. Moderation...the same as you do with food. You even said "old" drinking buddies...that's not you anymore...you are a new person now with a new lifestyle. End the weekend being proud that you succeeded and got to visit with friends in a more sober way. Good luck!
  • Mikeybster
    Mikeybster Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yeah but its always good to celebrate old times.. i like the idea of earning it..
    26 mile marathon hear i come.
  • cptnjck0209
    cptnjck0209 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Pick your alcohol wisely! A vodka and diet coke is only 60 cals... 10 of those is only 600 cals so if you do a bit of exercise it's practically guilt free =D I'm sure you can find the same for lots of drinks.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Drink smart. Diet pop w vodka is good choice as opposed to other mixed drinks. Have fun!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yup, moderation. People don't really track what you drink, you can have soda or even water and they won't know the difference. If you are having a good time, that should be enough. You always have the option to drink as you see fit.
    Sometimes I make up an excuse, so I won't get pressured. My favorite excuse is I'm taking an antibiotic that my doctor says not to mix with alcohol.
  • visichy
    Options
    If you have a beer in front of you (or whatever your beverage of choice is) also have a large glass of water. Tell yourself you can't order a second beer until the water is gone too. Also, if the groom is your old drinking buddy, he'll probably be too busy greeting guests to do a lot of drinking with you. You'll probably have more control over the situation than you realize :)
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Of course it isn't that easy! We wouldn't be on MFP if it was. Try and workout a little more the week before and the week after to 'make up' but don't use the extra calories then go and enjoy your wedding and drinks with your buddies! I'm sure you will suffer the next day cos the alcohol will hit you harder now but at least you will have had fun - you can always work a little harder to lose some weight but you can't get a do over with your buddies when you reach your goal!! Just don't do it too often!!!:drinker:
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions so far! I agree- always ensure your hydration level is adequate- a 6-8oz. glass of water after each drink/cocktail can keep you from going overboard. Also- keeping it it to dry wines and distilled spirits can help cut down on the calories. Avoiding liqueurs, fruit juices, and syrups/mixers can really cut down on the calories too. Enjoy this wonderful occasion with your friend and do your best to "earn it" in the gym before the occasion, and then get back in the gym the following day to work it off! Knowing you have a workout the following day can keep you from going too crazy- nothing is worse than training with a hangover! :drinker:
  • Mikeybster
    Mikeybster Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions as vodka is one of my favourite tipples. Although the last wedding i went to was in Poland and im sure they got the water confused with neat vodka. Needless to say i dont remember much of that wedding..:drinker:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I say have fun and drink up. Sometimes giving your body something random helps with the weight loss. You will always work hard to lose weight and diet. But its not every day that a good friend will get married. ENjoy your time, Drink up and savor the memories.
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would love to say i have never touched an alcoholic beverage since the start of my journey..... but i can't......lol

I have on the other hand swapped wine.in most cases of gatherings, to vodka or white rum and always have diet mixers in large glasses too with plenty of ice.

Earn more calories working out before hand, and if its a wedding like the ones I love to go to............boogie ya arrrse off give staday night feever a run for its money!!

Have a great time,

Lisa :)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    rum and diet coke.....its under 100 cals and its yummy
  • maraudingaud72
    Options
    Have a great time, some top tips there so I won't add to them but be cautious the next day.. For me it's the hangover hunger that kills me. All I want are crisps, irn bru and cheese, not necessarily at the same time I might add! You could plan in a healthy breakfast followed by a good workout to get rid of the hangover. Hurts like anythign at the time but you'll be better for it teh day after.