HELP.. changed my running and now gaining

Options
OK I need some advice. I was running almost everyday about 4miles and was loosing 2lbs a week. I haven't changed my diet but I changed my running rutine. I am now running about 16 miles a week, one speed training day, two short runs, and one long run. Now I've gained weight. I am under my calorie goal or right at it everyday.

The reason I changed my running rutine was because I found out I was running "too much". I guess I didn't give my body enough rest, this according to runner's world magazine.

So my question is.. do I run more like I used to or keep the change? Ultimatly I'm running to lose weight, not to train for a marathon or anything.

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i would go back to what you were doing and see if you start loosing again
  • sjum
    sjum Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This happened to me a few years ago and I had to add more calories to my diet. I added healthy fats like olive oil, advocado, natural peanut butter and the pounds started to melt off. It was scary at first but awesome that it worked! I added 100-200 more calories. Just a thought... great job on your running!!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    you definitely don't want to put too much stress on your body from overdoing it. maybe think about ways to keep your excercise the same intensity. one thing that's worked a little for me is eating 200 more calories one day and 200 less the next day. do that for a week... that helped a lot. like one day i'd eat 1600 the next day 1200... 1400 was my recommended calorie total. from what i hear it tricks your metabolism.