Difficulty Keeping Food and Exercise Diary

Options
I started on My Fitnesspal about two weeks two anda half weeks ago. When I started my home scale said 158.6 and now it says 155.6 On Monday my Dad passed away. My eating has been erratic siince I am sitting shiver and my exercise not at all. So It is diifficlt for me to keep this log. Has anyone been on this diet and had a loved one pass away and what have they done. Please let me know. Thank you a Newbe here. My goal to loose a pound a week. My goal to get to 140 and maintain for at least two months and then loose at least 5 more pounds.

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about your diet until you are done grieving. You can get back to your normal routine when you are ready.

Sorry about your dad.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes you need that break to gather and collect yourself. Emotional eating is hard to get past. Do the best you can. That's all anyone can do!
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    Focus on yourself and your family right now.... Sitting shiva is hard... there are tons of foods and most of it not health... grieve and find peace once you do that... focus on your weight loss....
    You and your family our in my prayers.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss. In these circumstances I wouldn't worry about logging your food just now. Try and make sensible choices if you can and come back to logging when you are ready. :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Aww, honey take it easy.....Sending prayers to you and your family..
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! Don't stress about the diary right now. You will eventually start feeling a little more like yourself. Just do your best right now and know it will get easier. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I'll be thinking of you during this difficult time.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i'm really sorry to hear you news.

I know when my Mum died i went into autopilot ... i can't remember much about the dayss that follwed...

i would try to eat as healthy as you can , but really you need to grieve

take care
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time. That is all that is promised. Do what you can and that will be all that you can do. Sending you healing energy as you grieve.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your father's passing.... Don't stress about the weight loss too much right now. Just make the best choices you can foodwise. I don't know much about sitting shiva but if there is a chance to at least go for a walk, it would be a nice stress reliever regardless of the calorie burn. Take care of yourself and deal with the grief and then get back to tracking as soon as you can.

Take care
  • rjlarry
    rjlarry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My grandmother passed yesterday, so I am feeling your pain.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about your diet until you are done grieving. You can get back to your normal routine when you are ready.

Sorry about your dad.

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

Focus on your emotional self and family. You can pick MFP back up again in a week or two.
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Baruch dayan emet........so sorry to learn of your father's passing. ((Hugs))
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow I am so sorry for your loss.

I haven't lost a loved on in years (thankfully), but I know when my husband and i seperated earlier in the year, when I was feeling down I would just walk and walk and walk. It helped me to think about things without people constantly asking me if I'm okay or if I needed anything. It's hard to think about the things you want to with so many folks around trying to help. I'm not saying walk for the exercise, just to clear your head.

I definatly wouldn't worry about the food and exercise diary until you feel that you can focus on the task at hand. You've got enough on your plate right now without having to worry about that! Good luck and I hope you can find some peace with your situation.
  • jmcholden
    jmcholden Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree. Grieve first, then diet. It's ok.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. You can try to make some sensible choices in food, but don't worry about keeping your log during this time. You're grieving, and the last thing you need to worry about is counting calories. When your time of grieving is finished, then jump back in with both feet, but for now, cut yourself some slack.

My condolences to you and your family!