Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When the going gets tough... A Valuable lesson Ive learned.

When the going gets tough, the tough takes his *kitten* to the gym and kicks *kitten*!!!

Thats what I did last night.... Was aggravated last night over something thats been bothering me for a while. I Was gonna just rest last night, but instead of wallowing around in aggravation, I took the opportunity to let out my emotions at the gym and kicked some serious *kitten*!

Its important to realize that being successful with weightloss isnt just about making smarter FOOD choices, its about making lifestyle changes, and making healthier choices in general.

Ive been down this road for over 2 years now, and have learned some valuable lessons, but this lesson has to be up there on the list of importance.

Replies

• When the going gets tough, the tough takes his *kitten* to the gym and kicks *kitten*!!!

Thats what I did last night.... Was aggravated last night over something thats been bothering me for a while. I Was gonna just rest last night, but instead of wallowing around in aggravation, I took the opportunity to let out my emotions at the gym and kicked some serious *kitten*!

Its important to realize that being successful with weightloss isnt just about making smarter FOOD choices, its about making lifestyle changes, and making healthier choices in general.

Ive been down this road for over 2 years now, and have learned some valuable lessons, but this lesson has to be up there on the list of importance.
    Congrats on your weight loss! Wow! I bet people you have known for years don't even recognize you at this point. Awesome job!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    No joke. Some of my best WO's are during moments of rage. When I'm having a crap day or stressed, I go sweat it out, and I feel so much better. It doesn't fix it, but it at least gives me relief for a bit.
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Great advice, thanks.
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Love it! I so need to do that when I am worked up about something - thanks for sharing!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Great advice! Love this.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    This is what I love about skating. I have to check all grievances at the door, or I won't have a good practice. It's almost as good as a nap, as far as escaping goes.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    great advice!!!
  • Agree totally!!! Im planning a wedding , full time recruiter, full time student, full time schedule. Since Ive become more active (not focusing on exercising but movement totally) I notice I do more of it without thinking. I clean more, I walk and talk on the cell....just something. Its getting addictive....and therapeutic (spell check that lol)
  • dee0423
    dee0423 Posts: 17 Member
    You are truely and inspiration! Thank you..Keep up the great work!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    This is so true. If I'm in a funk or just feeling kind of down, not much is a good as a workout for turning it around. Time spent in the gym is time to let all that stuff rattling around in your brain get sorted out.
  • ryansmom09
    ryansmom09 Posts: 45 Member
    Great Advice, thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!