Love affair with cheese?

Options
Anyone else out there think that cheese and cheese products are nature's best gift? I try to limit eating to cheese to once a day, but in the past have been known to eat it in every meal. Any tips or advice for a cheese lover?

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Small quantities of quality cheese. Don't buy the crappy processed kind, buy expensive French stuff. You'll be less tempted to eat loads of it since it isn't cheap!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Love cheese. Love it. Have been eating string cheese and reduced fat colby cheese stick snacks as an alternative to eating 3 lbs of cheese in one sitting, haha.

Cheese and bread. Oh and wine too. Don't get me started...
  • worldgirl28
    Options
    My sister & I joke about this all the time. We're originally from Wisconsin, which I think gives us a genetic disposition to be IN LOVE with cheese. My mom keeps probably 10 different dairy products in her home ranging from butter to whole milk to string cheese to mozzarella and everything in between. What helped me was limiting what I keep in my own fridge. Also, turning cheese into the dessert of the day is helpful, too. I like to take 3 or 4 crackers and spread Laughing Cow cheese on them after dessert. It's not easy breaking the addiction to cheese - BELIEVE ME. I also noticed that if I limit my cheese intake, I tend to enjoy it more when I have it.

Limiting portions and availability are my two biggest recommendations. Stay strong, fellow cheese lover :-)
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    now I want some cheese.....:love:
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    LOVE IT. Especially brie. Laughing Cow usually gets me my fix of cheese. . .
  • hmarie917
    Options
    Have you tried the Light Laughing Cow cheese? They come in these cute, little wedges and they are only 35 calories. They have different flavors, too. They're pretty much amazing!
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheese junkie myself. But I've learned to eat healthier versions of it like cheese sticks that are part skim. I also add a little feta to an omelet that is loaded with spinach so I'm getting those greens in.
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese, Light string cheese, cheese cubes... I love cheese too. But I save it for when I really want summthin cheesy. Like crakers and cheese or a grilled cheese. I quit adding it to sandwiches and salads and I havent missed it.
  • AtwaterD
    Options
    Queso laughing cow for the win. Just put it on a wasa crisp bread. Standard mid morning snack. Standard.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheese lover too :) I agree with the laughing cow suggestions.. I put the wedges on everything :)
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love cheese - I try to add a little to at least two meals a day. The calicum overrides my fear of the calories. I make substitutions or sacrifices for it. I've found that I get more satisfaction out of stronger cheeses - a nice sharp cheddar or provolone hits the spot better than just plain American.

I may try Laughing Cow or string cheese the next time I go to the grocery store - I've cut back a lot on sugar, bread, and soda - I'm not losing my cheese.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love cheese - I try to add a little to at least two meals a day. The calicum overrides my fear of the calories. I make substitutions or sacrifices for it. I've found that I get more satisfaction out of stronger cheeses - a nice sharp cheddar or provolone hits the spot better than just plain American.

I may try Laughing Cow or string cheese the next time I go to the grocery store - I've cut back a lot on sugar, bread, and soda - I'm not losing my cheese.
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I could give up chocolate before I could give up cheese~ LOL!!

:-)
  • amymaria91
    Options
    CHEESE!!! Yum.....

This is going to sound strange but I make sure I eat my cheese by itself. I don't put it in meals because I don't get to fully enjoy it. I'm strange, I know
  • Lahdidahdah
    Options
    It is my complete and total downfall! Part of it is the salty taste, part of it is just pure pleasure. I am like one of the other commenters, I have to limit what I have in my refrigerator or its all gone! Oddly enough, I lose more weight if I don't eat cheese, LOL! Wonder why?
  • AtwaterD
    Options
    Also baby bel wheels are a good quick fix, good portion size.
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    Cheese makes me smelly, love hate relationship here. I love it, it hates me.

Can't actually remember the last time I had cheese now :indifferent:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I'm a huge cheese fan. A person has to make sure it is the real cheese and eat it in moderation. (Hard to do sometimes... LOL) I get the String Cheese - 2 sticks 160 calories and minimumal on salt.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I made a souffle with egg whites, evaporated fat free milk, light sour cream and 75% reduced fat cheddar and it was really yummy.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I love cheese, but I try to keep it to just once in awhile. If we have a little extra money we buy a wedge of brie, robiola, prima donna, etc. Mmm...