You've heard it before, but I need to complain ...

Skinnytime
Skinnytime Posts: 279
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I've been doing this for ten days and I have not lost a pound! My weight goes up and down, which I know is normal - but I would have liked to see at least a pound gone for good.
Weight used to just kind of fall off the minute I cut down on calories.
Now that I'm eating "right" nothing is happening and I am dissappointed.
Yes, my body feels better, yes my muscles feel tighter, but I want that number on the scale to move, too.:frown: :sad:

Replies

• Skinnytime
    I've been doing this for ten days and I have not lost a pound! My weight goes up and down, which I know is normal - but I would have liked to see at least a pound gone for good.
    Weight used to just kind of fall off the minute I cut down on calories.
    Now that I'm eating "right" nothing is happening and I am dissappointed.
    Yes, my body feels better, yes my muscles feel tighter, but I want that number on the scale to move, too.:frown: :sad:
  • corin22
    corin22 Posts: 24
    I understand, i am the most impatient person you will ever meet. i was just saying to my husband yesterday its been 7 days and nothing...well i did lose 2 lbs but i want to see BIG results not just 2 lbs i need results that will wow me. But stay with it and dont get discouraged because perfection comes with time....Good luck!!!!!
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    You are already off to a great start!!! You FEEL better and your muscles are tighter...that is GREAT!!!
    It will take your body a little while to get used to the change...but KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!
    That scale is the devil:devil: ....take measurements...that's where you will see results!!!

I did not see the scale move in 5 weeks....5 WEEKS!!!! BUT...the measuring tape told me something different.
    You will have your ups and downs....keep thinking positive!! and remember that YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Lots of Luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    normal. My first weigh-in was 10 days in.... no loss :frown: Then a week later I had a 2 lb loss! Give your body time, it'll happen.
  • ElizaD
    ElizaD Posts: 27
    Don't be discouraged, it could just be down to water retention or time of the month. Stick at it and you will definitely see the results in the long run. But I wouldn't try and loose any more than about 2Ibs a week, this is a healthy amount, anything more isn't supposed to be good for you and you will only pile it back on as quickly as you've lost it, its happened to me lots of times! only just learnt I have to be patient.. but in 11 weeks I will hopefully reach my goal :happy: : good luck with yours :smile:

179295.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    I can explain it like this. I started this, finally the correct way, again..... 3-18-09. Lost 7 lbs. Yes, I want it to be more, but your body has to get used to the fact that you are no longer feeding it crap!!!

You will get there. I finally am and I have been so descouraged time and time again!!!

Have faith!!!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Compare your daily calories consumed with your daily calories burned. Make SURE you have at least a 500 calorie deficit. On my MFP goals page, I noticed they are only allowing me a 260 calorie/day deficit. So I don't eat all my exercise calories to make up for that.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Wow. I hadn't checked that!
    You're right. My 1200 calories for BMR at 1600 only leaves me a 400 calorie deficit.
    Thanks for mentioning it.
  • Skinnytime
    Thanks guys. My calorie deficit is 570 without exercise, so I'm okay there - unless that is too big a deficit? I am muscular, there's just fat now covering those muscles. I don't necessarily want to build more muscle, just want to tone what I have and burn fat.
    I never really was a junk eater to begin with - very little in the way of refined sugar and carbs. I just ate out or ordered in a lot.
    I thought for sure 10 days of eating only homecooked food would show a difference right away and a big one because the food was all in proportion to my food guidelines.
    You're all absolutely correct. It took a long time to put this on, and if it comes off slowly, I have a better chance of keeping it off.
This discussion has been closed.