Need advice on a few things

Options
First Whey Protein - I get the Jillian Micheals brand one from Walmart is there a better brand I should get or are Whey protein powder created pretty much equal? I usually drink it for a quick breakfast on the go

Recovery Drinks - I am doing insanity and c25k are recovery drinks really need it ? I dont really Know to much about them or should just try to drink milk after workouts and get the same benifits I have hard here people say chocolate milk is the best thing to drink after a workout

Push ups and Sit ups - I leave for the navy basic this Jan I want to improve on these workouts I need to be able to do 37 push ups in 2min and 68 sit ups in 2 min Should I alternate days I do them or work on them every day? Push ups are hard for me I started with girls and can do those now but the regular ones are still hard and my tailbone hurts while doing sit ups which kind of worries me I am scared of not being able to make thru basic because of it

Replies

• dragonflytwt
    dragonflytwt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I never did anything tougher than c25k and the 30 day shred, and I just drank a chocolate milk afterward. It seemed to work for me! You get the added positive reinforcement of working hard and getting chocolate after, haha. I think I drank a no fat bottle of Nesquik, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the basic idea is just having some sort of protein after a workout.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    They say recovery drinks aren't needed unless you are doing very high intensity (like running 5 + miles)
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk is the best recovery drink! When I was training for a marathon I used it after all of my long runs. You need to make sure that if you are doing very intense workouts that you are replenishing during the workout (not just after). I used gatorade and some other energy boosters for workouts more than 3 hours.
  • prettyfitchick
    Options
    any others would like give advice on this subject
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    look at your calorie to protein proportions on your whey, that, price, and taste/texture i think are the big differences in just a whey protein.

do not work on your crunches and push ups every day, you can do them both on the same day as they work different muscles, but do them every other day to allow your muscles to rest and repair.

i think recovery drinks are a gimmick, but that's just a personal opinion not based on any facts or research.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    look at your calorie to protein proportions on your whey, that, price, and taste/texture i think are the big differences in just a whey protein.

do not work on your crunches and push ups every day, you can do them both on the same day as they work different muscles, but do them every other day to allow your muscles to rest and repair.

i think recovery drinks are a gimmick, but that's just a personal opinion not based on any facts or research.

^ This.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yeah, push-ups and crunches every day, and each day try to do one more full one.

Another big choc milk fan here, though it does have its detractors since its quite high in sugar.
  • prettyfitchick
    Options
    Thanks guys