Protein and P90x

I started P90X two weeks ago, but I really feel like I am not eating enough protein. I have only been doing the exercises and have not seen the nutrition plan. Does anyone know how much protein you need to be consuming each day while doing the program.

My current wieght is 210?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    p90X has you eat 50% protein for the first phase.

So if you are eating 2000 cals/day that would be 250 grams
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    This by no means is the holy grail but I drink 1 scoop of body fortress mixed with water after a workout as a recovery drink. That has 26 g of Whey Protein and it has worked well for me. The rest of it I get from meals, fish, chicken and such.
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    I didn't do the nutrition plan either. If I recall is was something like 25%, 50% and 40% of calories should be from protein. Other people I know who exercise (not necessarily P90X) say 1g of protein per 1lb of body weight. I go by that although I do not hit it very often. I think a good ratio is probably like .75g per lb of body weight. I can say at 210 you shouldn't eat less than 100gs of protein everyday if you are really getting after it.
  • Jacksheadache
    Jacksheadache Posts: 30 Member
    Here's the link I found, to what looks to be most of the P90X nutrition plan:

http://www.teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/32ea4c06-2287-4660-8adc-8db758929d28