serious about the belly

Options
I have had two c-sections and everytime I lose weight I still keep that lower belly pouch. Does anyone know if it will ever go away or how to do it? I lost a lot of weight a long time ago and I still kept that and it is very disappointing to know you work so hard and it wont go away.

Replies

• angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I have had two c-sections and everytime I lose weight I still keep that lower belly pouch. Does anyone know if it will ever go away or how to do it? I lost a lot of weight a long time ago and I still kept that and it is very disappointing to know you work so hard and it wont go away.
  • beetlebug2001
    Options
    I am 55 and it has been 22 years since I had a baby and my pouch is still there, has always been there. Even when I was thinner it was there. Some of us have the belly pouch gene, some not (like my sister). Hang in there, belly pouch or not be proud of your accomplishments. There is always Spanx.
  • corin22
    corin22 Posts: 24
    Options
    angievan26
    i had 2 c-sections also my last one was in 2001 and my doctor told me that i would never get a totally flat stomach again. When i was at my smallest weight of 123 i did have a extreamly flat stomach all u could see was my scar. I did alot of ab work to get it flat again. So yes in my case i was able to lose the pooch i had there. I guess it really depends on how much scar tissue you had internally from the surgery. :smile:
  • angievan26
    Options
    thanks ladies for the help. Does anyone know any good ab workouts besides sit ups.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I have the belly pouch gene too.... and no C-sections for me.

I don't think it'll ever go away completely without a tummy tuck! :grumble:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i agree w/beetlebug. some of it is genetics in terms of your overall body shape. even in h.s. when i weighed under 100, i had that curve right below the belly. it wasn't huge, but i have never had a bounce the quarter off kind of abdomen. i had a friend tho who was smaller chested than me, flat hard belly but bigger butt and thighs.

we're all shaped differently.

i'd suggest keep going with your wt loss goals and add in strength training and as you get closer to your final goal, you'll have a much better sense of what your body is "destined" to look like.
    you can also go to self.com for tons of exercise moves (for abs and all else).

congrats on your 14 lbs GONE! that's excellent!
  • angievan26
    Options
    i agree w/beetlebug. some of it is genetics in terms of your overall body shape. even in h.s. when i weighed under 100, i had that curve right below the belly. it wasn't huge, but i have never had a bounce the quarter off kind of abdomen. i had a friend tho who was smaller chested than me, flat hard belly but bigger butt and thighs.

we're all shaped differently.

i'd suggest keep going with your wt loss goals and add in strength training and as you get closer to your final goal, you'll have a much better sense of what your body is "destined" to look like.
    you can also go to self.com for tons of exercise moves (for abs and all else).

congrats on your 14 lbs GONE! that's excellent!
    [/quote
    I will have to check out that site thanks
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I was hoping you get some replies to give me some hope. I've had 3 sections, and I have a decent amount of scar tissue. I think I'll always have a pooch...even did at 105 lbs in 7th grade.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I had 8 children, no c-section, but loose skin from childbearing......and I did the "tuck" best 3500.00 I ever spent.