30 Day Shred advice please :)

Options
Right, so after my post earlier I've decided to give it a go but i was wondering what size weights people used when they did theirs.. what would they recommend etc as I need to buy some to do it with :)

Any other tips about what I might need then feel free to help!!

I'm going to start as soon as the DVD arrives in the post so if you're doing it too or would like any motivation etc then feel free to add me.

I'm excited!!

Replies

• GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm a weakling (trying to change that!) so I used 2-lb weights for most moves, and 5-lb weights for a few that I didn't think were too challenging. I still saw results!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I would start with the lowest weight for now, no sense in injuring yourself, you can always move up in weight.
    I've been using 3lb weights for awhile now. They seem very comfortable, so today I alternated with 5lb weights. My arms are shaking...lol
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    When I first started 30DS, I started with soup cans (which are about 1 lb a piece). It was my first form of exercising, so I started light - still felt it big time. Could barely walk right for 1.5 weeks. Now, I use either 3 or 5 lbs weights depending on the exercise - my upper body isn't very strong.
  • SweetChilly
    SweetChilly Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been doing that dvd for a quite a while.. actually I havent in a while but I'd like to start that up again.. It really kicks butt!! I felt amazing afterwards. I couldn't do all of the steps but you can't give up and eventually we'll be a powerhouse!

Oh and I've been using 2 lbs... I have 2, 3 and 5 pound weights.. and hope to move up to 5 but i didn't want to burn out too quickly
  • stoofers
    Options
    I lifted full wine bottles for a few days before I broke down and went to Wal-Mart and bought 5 pound weights. Use 5 pound weights, you'll feel like you accomplished a lot at the end!
  • michellevt725
    michellevt725 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb weights and it's killing me but I refuse to buy anything lighter.
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I use 5 pound weights for the difficult exercises and 10 pounds for the easier ones :)
  • dance_fit
    dance_fit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    3 and 5 pounds would work. At first there were a few moves I couldn't do the whole set of with 3 pounds so I would just do what I could and eventually by the end of the level I was using 3 pounds. Things that were okay with 3 pounds I would move up to 5 about half way through the week. It should be hard to do, but not impossible. You should feel sore later that's how you know you're working your muscles. I would like to buy a set of 8 pounds because 5 has become too easy on some of the exercises.

You may also want a mat for the abs, pushups, other floor work, unless you're working out on carpeting, then you might not need it.
  • breen1ka
    Options
    I started with 3lb. I think I'm going to bump it up to 5lb. Start with something lighter and get the toning started then bump it up once you're ready