Sexy for Summer 2012 Challenge

Options
Sexy for Summer 2012 Challenge

Summer time means bikinis, bonfires, beach visits, roller coasters and family vacations!
This will be a long-term challenge for those that have summer time weight loss goals.

I love riding roller coasters, traveling and soaking up the sun....but at 290 pounds, I'm not gonna look too great at the beach, and roller coasters at Cedar Point? I won't fit right now! I'm looking to challenge and support (and be supported) by anyone that wants to join in and get sexy by summer 2012. Starting right now!

Challenge Set-Up: Each week, I will post a specific fitness or diet goal (maybe sometimes both). Group members should work to complete the goals and tell us how they did each week. Additionally, each week, members will need to post their weight lost, a NSV and at least one thing that they love about their body that week.

Points will be awarded for every 5 pounds lost, and for each challenge success. For example: Johnny loses 10 pounds and completes all three parts of the week's challenge. Johnny is awarded 2 points for his weight loss, and three points for completing challenges. Points will be tallied bi-weekly.

What you need to do right now: Post your real name, location, starting weight, goal weight for summer 2012, one thing you love about your body, and one thing you really want to work on.

Name: Nicole Russell
SW: 290
GWS'12: 225
1IL: I love that my arms are getting thinner and stronger with every workout that I do!
1IH: I want to work on my belly fat. It's where I carry most of my weight...and if I want to ride roller coasters this summer, I need it to SHRINK!
Challenge status: So far, I have done 2 miles this week, and drank 4 glasses of water today.

I love MFP and have been on and off for the past year. I started my second time around at the beginning of September, and I am in it for the long haul. Challenges are such a great way to stick to a commitment.

This week's challenge:
Run or walk at least 10 miles this week
Drink 10 glasses of water a day
Tell yourself every morning that you are strong and beautiful, inside and out!

Good luck everyone!!

(also posted in the Fitness and Exercise forum)

Replies

• ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow this sounds really awesome, but I think you are too advanced for me :frown: No way that I can run or walk 10 miles anytime soon. But I wish everyone luck! Maybe I can join in the future :flowerforyou:
    ~Ans~
  • brnnstrky
    Options
    I think this is a great idea :-)

Name: Breanne Starkey
    SW: 164
    GWS'12: 120
    1IL: I love that my face seems to be thinning out!
    1IH: I want to shrink my stomach/love handles
    Challenge status: I would assume the week starts today? I've had about 5 glasses of water so far and have not worked out yet.
  • fattabby1
    fattabby1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tabatha Ellam,
    England,

SW: 202
    GW:155

i love my big bum.
    i want slim legs.

can't really remember what else i was supposed to put but i can't wait to feel great again!!
  • wyzettaj
    Options
    Name: Wyzetta Jones
    SW: 315
    GWS:: 210 (June 20 is the 1ts day of summer for 2012)

I love my big boobs and hope I am still at lease a size D when I hit my goal weight
    I really want to work on my thighs cause i want them to be really well defined by summer

As of today i did a 45 min. walk but i have only had 3 glasses of water the goal is to get at lease 9 glasses in by tonight
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Name:Tamara Tyus
    SW 322
    GW 250

I love my height (6ft)
    I really would like to decrease the size of my love handles

This week I have completed 6 miles and I have had 8 glasses of water and plan to drink another 8 by the end of night.
  • janerapentiah
    janerapentiah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I could run 10 miles, but I would like to join.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    10 in a week; not one day. I certainly can't do that in one day!! :-P

It's about 1.5 a day. Or you can walk it, which is like a 45 minute walk.
  • prdchrmom
    Options
    This sounds perfect for me!! I love to ride at amusement parks and lay out at the pool or beach and it just so happens that I could be getting married next summer. I want to feel sexy! I would love to encourage and be encouraged.

name- megan
    location- pgh., pa
    SW 328
    GW 170
    I love that I look younger than I am and my waist is always small
    I hate the feeling of not knowing if I will fit in a seat or space

I walked a mile today!
    I drank 8 glasses of water so far
    I do feel beautiful and strong on the inside and am so ready to feel that way on the outside
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    I'm in!
    Name: Jamie Rodriguez
    SW: 224
    GWS'12: 180
    1IL: Whoa, this one is hard right now. I love that even though I am overweight, my body still alows me to run!
    1IH: I really want to tone up so I don't have too much sagging skin when I'm done losing. I know I will have some after having 3 kids, but I would like that to be as little as possible!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Yay! Thanks everyone for joining! I know it's going to be the long haul til summer comes....It won't be easy to avoid temptations during thanksgiving, christmas and new year's....but I know we can all do it!

How much weight do you guys hope to lose per month? What are you going to do to meet or exceed that goal?

I want to get down to 275 (at least) by the new year, which is about 7.5 pounds a month. I'm hoping that by watching what I eat, incorporating more water into my day, and making sure I work out at least a half hour a day will get me there :-)
  • ineed2bskinny
    Options
    My 1st Challenge!!

Name: Grace Richarsdon
    SW: 158
    GWS'12: 126
    1IL: Just started this week but I have my 1st weigh 2moro

1IH: I want a gorgeous figure

I've had 4 glasses of water and plan to do 8 hours shopping tomorrow (does that count) hee hee
  • jike1017
    Options
    Name: Jessica K.
    SW: 195
    GWS'12: 150
    1IL: I love that even tho im chubby i still have an hour glass
    1IH: I want to get rid of my pouch
    Challenge status: ive done the 10 miles so far this week and i drink 2-3 34oz bottles of water a day
  • mcewan07
    mcewan07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Name: Eileen hoare
    SW: 164
    GWS'12: 140
    1IL: I love my arms
    1IH: I hate my beely and bum.
    Challenge status: So far, I have done nothing :S, been sat waiting on car mot to be done.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Name: Felicia Ramirez
    SW: 157
    GW: 123

1IL: I love that my arms and shoulders are getting more thinner and muscular
    1IH: My lower stomach, my butt, my hips and thighs! OK it was more than 1!
    Challenge Status: So far this week I've done 6.21 miles and have drank a liter of water today.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Today I did 2 miles, and I have drank about 4 glasses so far.

Feel free to add me as a friend, ladies. I keep my food diary open to friends.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    I'm in, this sounds like a great challenge.

name.....sheri knopf
    location.....sacramento, california
    sw.....169.5
    g.w 157

I love that my body is constantly changing and I can see diffinition mostly in my arms and I actually have a shape other then blob now....LOL
    I am almost to my goal but I want to work on toning up, creating more muscle diffination and not having saggy skin. I am looking forward to going to the water parks, amusement parks, beaches and rivers and having swim parties next summer.....
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge -

Name: Taneisha
    CW: 183
    GW:140
    I love my arms, it has great muscle tone and gives me hope for the rest of my body.
    I dont like how I look in pics, I am fine with how i look most of the time, but lately pictures have become my enemy.

Nicole: Please let me know how progress will tracked (is there going to be a google spreadsheet like I see on some challenges or are we going to just do check through blog posts?); also is there a certain day we should check-in for the weeks challenge and results.

Thanks,
  • dshaw777
    Options
    Hello All, I am new to MFP and need all the motivation and encouraging words I can get. I am trying to get my life back on track and get healthy. I think this would be a great challenge to join in on. Please friend me I don't have to do this alone. :)

:smile:

Name : Donna
    sw: 274
    gw 170

I love my smile and kind heart.
    I want to loose a lot of weight in my stomach so I can just feel good about myself again!! oooo yeah and not fear fitting in the seats at the amusment park!
  • karensfit4life
    karensfit4life Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge!

Name: Karen
    CW: 199
    GW (6/20/12): 165
    I love to feel my muscles getting stronger with every workout.
    I dont like my hips/thighs/butt/stomach area where I carry all of my weight, UGH!
  • tracas
    tracas Posts: 12
    Options
    Name: Tracy Casillas
    CW: 170
    GW: 120

I really like my curves I would just like to tone them and get rid of my inner tube tummy and slim out my legs!

Today i have had two glasses of water, done the thirty day shred and I am going to do my 1.5 miles right now!!