How MANY inches did you lose?!

Options
Hey everyone,
so I've been measuring my waist, neck, and hips every two weeks in addition to weighing in. I've noticed I kinda get more excited seeing the tape measure hit a smaller and smaller number. I'm curious, how many inches have you all lost? I'm the kind of person who holds almost every inch of fat at my belly. I'm in the low 160s and my waist measurement this past Tuesday was 40.5 inches. I started at 45 inches. I'm still a work in progress.

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    11/10/10 my waist size was a 44

Today I wear a loose 32

Yeah, I am a happy camper...
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    well so far i havent lost any inches :frown: , but i have the same problem all my weight seems to be in my belly i weigh currently 170-169, im 42 inches around my waist, thats really were i wanna see the results...so hopefully soon
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I feel bad the only thing I measure varies on my mood:-/
  • legrangetackett
    legrangetackett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    inspiring!! great job!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I haven't really been good about keeping measurements... all I know is that at my heaviest I couldn't fit in men's size 38 jeans, now my waist is about 27 inches.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I've lost a total of 28 1/4 inches so far. That would be measuring chest, waist, arms, legs, and hips.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I've lost an inch in my waist and hips..now 36 for my waist, hips 41 and weight 180lbs...some women I know measure their waist at the same area as a man...but a woman's waist is between her belly button and chest... just saying
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've lost an inch in my waist and hips..now 36 for my waist, hips 41 and weight 180lbs...some women I know measure their waist at the same area as a man...but a woman's waist is between her belly button and chest... just saying

I thought you measure at your belly button. Hrmm.. if I'm measuring wrong, oh well... It's largest part of my belly area any way, the part I want shrinkage in the most.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i have lost 47 inches all over my body...So far 13.5 inches in my hips and 10 inches in my waste and 7.5 inches in my thigh!
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I have no clue what I was when I started here. I started measuring in Mid feb and then left in early March or so. At that time I was 46. I measured mid october after being back for 2 weeks and was 48. I am now back to 46.5 I figured I should be back to the 46 in no time. I am starting to pay more attention but am really only measuring chest and waist. I need my beer belly to go away.
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    waist: 4 inches
    hips: 5 inches
    thighs: 4 inches
    arms: 3 inches

total: 16 inches

Don't worry, the inches will come off in time. If you're doing the right thing, you will see a difference!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My waist went from 46 to 34. My goal is 32.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Measuring is a GREAT way to track your progress - especially since the scale is rather fickle.

At last count I had shed about 90 inches all over (I tracked my neck, chest, upper arms, waist, hips, thighs, and calves), 18" of which were off of my waist (from 45.5" to 27.5"). I am as proud - if not more so - of that as I am of my weight loss (108 pounds on MFP, 122 lbs total)
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    From June 1 to October 1 I am down 12 inches from my hips, bust, and waist. I am now at a 31 inch waist and my goal is 26 and size 6 jeans. I am currently a 10. I measure every 2 weeks but only count what I see on the 1st.
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    And women are supposed fo measure around the belly button.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    5'8"

155 lbs
    waist- 30.5
    hips- 40.5

145 lbs
    waist- 28.5
    hips- 28.5

138 lbs
    waist- 26.5
    hips- 36

132 lbs
    waist- 25
    hips- 34.5
  • Mdarcey
    Mdarcey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Since I started measuring (which I didn't do at the beginning of my weight loss), my waist has gone from 36 inches to 28 inches (8 inches lost) and my hips have gone from 42 inches to 36 inches (6 inches lost). It's hard for me to believe that my hips are the same size as my waist was when I started measuring.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    After a year of P90X I lost 4 inches from my waist. Pushing for 2 more so I can see some abs.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    8.5 inches lost in my hips! I think 6.5 lost in my waist. 2 inches lost in each arm!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Measuring is a GREAT way to track your progress - especially since the scale is rather fickle.

At last count I had shed about 90 inches all over (I tracked my neck, chest, upper arms, waist, hips, thighs, and calves), 18" of which were off of my waist (from 45.5" to 27.5"). I am as proud - if not more so - of that as I am of my weight loss (108 pounds on MFP, 122 lbs total)

BTW-- You inspire me like crazy. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!