New and needing support!

Options
I'm 47 and just now starting to log meals and exercise. After 3 years of sitting on the sideline with injuries, I'm now ready to heal and get healthy. I've gained 30+ pounds and don't get much support at home... Just criticism on what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing this one day at a time, hoping it works!:ohwell:

Replies

• nancyl36
    nancyl36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling ....you can add me to your friends for support !!
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Both please feel free to add me - I find my MFP friends extremely supportive and really help keep me answerable to my workouts, especially.
  • brookie2983
    brookie2983 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is wanting support, add me :) My MFP friends are wonderful!!
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Add me too!!! I didn't get much support in the begining either, but now that I KNOW what I am doing none of that phases me. I have lost over 90lbs since I was at my highest weight and feel AMAZING!!! I hope I can help you do the same ;)
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carol!
    Feel proud that you made this step to make a change. You have come to the right place for encouragment and support. This site is amazing!! I feel like the people on this site are better friends than my real friends. LOL....Try to join a challenge to keep you accountable. This really helps me stay focused. Feel free to add me as a friend and I am here anytime you need me. :smile:

Cheers!
    Terri
  • lostntranslation
    Options
    Hi Carol, I'm new here and am looking for support and encouragement as well. You can certainly add me!!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    MFP is great support. I will add you as a friend! Good luck with your journey!!!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm 46 years old here and I've lost 30 lbs so far with about 5 more to go. I log on everyday and would be glad to be your friend. Add me if you like. You can do this!!
  • christinaforbes
    Options
    I am new to this too....I think I have tried every single diet out there! I am hoping with the support of this community, I can see some success!
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I need the support too! So I will be sending some requests out so please add me :)
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    Hey you are on the right track by starting to track what you eat and getting support. You can add me :) Also, the best thing you can do for yourself is track EVERYTHING you eat. You will see the good, the bad, the ugly, and the uglier! But I found the days I tracked when I ate double or even more than my calorie goal, those are the days that make you really change your habits. But you need to see the real numbers to make you want to change your eating habits, at least that is what really got me to change. Good luck!!
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My name is Jenn. I am 38.. I am just starting back to working out after a heel spur injury. In late 2009, I got to the heaviest I had ever been and decided time for a change. I joined the gym and worked the elliptical, treadmill and weights there. I lost 15 pounds fairly fast..like 2 months then hit a major plateau for about 4 months...then lost another 10 pounds before I got a severe heel spur..after a series of 3 shots, my foot is much better, but I gained 14 pounds back. ( cancelled the gym membership) Ugh...In the fall I was toning up to some great Turbo Kick classes and loved them!! My instructor got very ill and is no longer teaching them.
    I have decided I cannot allow myself to gain all that weight back that I worked hard to lose plus I have a lot more to lose to reach my ultimate goal. I am dieting by cutting out my addiction to coca-cola. I have now totally switched to Sierra Mist (didn't think that was ever possible) and just really cutting back on what I am eating. I joined the rec and I am taking classes there on Tues/Thursday and I am working out at home to Turbojam dvds. I just ordered TurboFire yesterday and can't wait!! Turbo is by far the most motivating exercise I can do. I am looking forward to the higher intensity level for TurboFire!

12288822.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • starshine3883
    Options
    Hi!! I definitely understand where you're coming from. Feel free to add me as well. I just joined but I can already see how much more supportive people are on here than anywhere else I've been.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    One day at a time sounds good to me. Looking forward to seeing your progress. :)