Want to be the best mommy possible!

Options
Hi everyone. I am 31 years old and just gave birth to my second baby boy 2 months ago. I didn't gain a ton of weight, but this time it does not want to come off. It's so frustrating. I am not new to weight struggles. I was overweight when I became pregnant. Now I am home with 2 boys under 3 and a 12 yo stepdaughter. In order to keep my sanity and be the best possible mommy, I need to lose this weight. I want to lose 50 lbs and could really use the motivation from everyone. Thank you and good luck to all!

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats for your new baby and welcome! :flowerforyou:

You'll be adding pics to the success stories in no time! :drinker:
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy to a 3 year old girl trying to lose my baby weight and then some (before she graduates high school!). Welcome! Feel free to add me as friend.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It's really hard when you've got kids to balance everything that needs to get done. I would start by first making sure your eating habits are changing for the better (everyone in the house will benefit from this) and incorporating fun activities with the kids to get yourself moving every day. One fun thing I loved doing with my son when he was a new born was just dancing. He enjoyed the movement and play and I worked up a sweat! This is something that you can easily do with your middle child as well because he is home. On the dancing idea, if you have a wii I cannot tell you enough how fun the Just Dance games are (especially 2/3). This is something you can do with your stepdaughter easily enough. They have a fitness option as well as a competition mode. Even your middle son can join in! Go for a walk while your weather is still good, not only are you getting exercise, but it'll help burn off excess toddler energy too, which probably will help you keep some sanity while taking care of the baby. The fresh air will help everyone sleep better too.

If there is a naptime where both boys are down for the count, use that time to do a more intense workout. Pick up 30 day shred by jillian michaels, or put together a home workout for yourself that incorperates strength and cardio together.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM I have 2 boys under the age of 3. One is 2 1/2 and the other is almost 2 months. I have 23 lbs left to get to my first goal weight and from there I will decide how much more I want to loose. You can do this! Its hard but worth it for our babies. Friend me if you like for some extra support. Good Luck :)
  • Jacksheadache
    Jacksheadache Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! and welcome!
  • fitbernie
    Options
    Hello, I was there last year. I was 31 when I had my daugther and I never lost all the weight from my son. I was very frustrated but at the same time I made a committment to myself and family to be healthy. I didn't have much time with a newborn, 3 year old and working full-time. I started off doing 10 minute workouts and changing my eating habits. Then I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Then the weight started to come off. I lost 30 pounds in a year. You can do it, as long as you make the committment in your mind, do the work and you will lose the weight. I am here if you need to talk and good luck to you :-)
  • momof2boysvn
    Options
    Thank you for all of your messages and encouragement. I noticed a few of you mentioned the 30 day shred. I just bought it online. Jillian is a little scary, but that's probably exactly what I need.:smile:
  • lradatz
    lradatz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello... I am a mom of 3, at 9yr, 4yr, and a 2yr old. I'm a at home mom, so I know the daily struggles w sanity. I find this site really helpful, because it records the stuff for me. I used to log everything by paper/pen. And the ppl on here are great for encouragement. Best of luck to ya.
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a mom of a 71/2 month old, and still working on losing the baby weight. (I have also started doing the 30DS - great workout!! She provides modifications to help you get started, so it is good for different fitness levels...and it is only 20 minutes, so it is easy to fit!)

I hope you will find the site useful! If you are interested, we have a group called "The Post-Partum Pack" - it is basically just a bunch of recent moms who share stories and support eachother's weight loss.

Check out the link below if you are interested...And either way, I wish you success!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/375505-post-partum-pack-october-24
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Jillian is a little scary, but that's probably exactly what I need.:smile:

hahah she is and you'll curse her a blue streak the entire time you do it, but stick with it! you will see and get results!