Hi everyone!! =D

Options
KBoddu
KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
I've been one of those creepy lurkers for a little over a week now and I've decided to come out of the shadows and introduce myself to the world of the MFP community! =)

I've tried every diet in the book and they'll work, but I'm the one that sabotages myself by sneaking to eat. I've decided that all of that has to stop so here I am. I've been on my "change of eating habits" (I refuse to use the word "diet" anymore) since October 16th, 2011 and lost 7 pounds my first week. I know that this isn't going to be easy, but I know that I've never been this motivated to make a change.

I can't wait to talk to some of you and hear about all of your successes and what keeps you on track. Everyone is doing such an amazing job from what I've seen and I just hope that I can add to that big ball of awesomeness! =)

Replies

• cathleen4h
    cathleen4h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can do it! That us great that you have already lost weight! Keep going! friend request sent!
  • steveh08
    steveh08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can do this. There are so many great people here that are always will to help. Good luck. Make sure to keep us all posted on your progress.
  • lrhodes49
    lrhodes49 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow 7lbs is great. I have only lost 6lbs in 7 weeks but I am not giving up. I love this site. You can friend me if you like. I log in everyday and I log my food and exercise also. I have it set so you can see what I eat if you like.

Welcome and I hope you have great success. I am hoping this is my last time trying to lose weight. I just want to get it off and keep it off.

Good Luck:bigsmile:
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the word - reduction. :)

aug
  • MJHdG
    MJHdG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step, that is how great journeys beguin
    To answer your question my motivation is to get fit and healthy so I can be around for more adventures in life with friends and family! Happy healthy me :) and you can be happy healthy too!!!!!!!
    Welcome and good luck!

• melbasc
    melbasc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend! I need support too!
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Welcome! this is a great site.....Best of luck to ya =0)
  • bigwill5
    bigwill5 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. I'm new here too. Late night eating has always been my down fall so I understand the sneaking around. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and have logged eveyday since I joined October 3rd and have lost 5 pounds total. It is a great tool for keeping secret what I don't want to share with others and yet keeping me accountable to a program. And no one is yelling at me. I love the encouragement, I hope you do too.
  • missmo248
    missmo248 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. I am the person who would always plan my food out the night before and would usually follow it but eat other things as well that I wouldn't track. I like the attitude that this isn't a diet but a lifestyle change since I know that I need to make eating healthier and exercising permanent changes. I will send you a friend request.
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey i've done all kinds of diets to and yeah i've lost weight but then broken them. I joined MFP 3 days ago and im already feeling good about it. I'm going to send you a friend request.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!! This site is amazing for support and motivation!

Friend request sent!
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! =) I'll see most of you again on weigh in day (Sunday) dum dum dummmmmmm!!! ;)
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I haven't lots lots, but I'm in the making! I refreshed my start 130 days ago and I'm in head deep and I love it!!! Wishing you nothing but the best!
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!! Its a cool site. Its my 2nd day and I love it here. A great deal of support and good people.
  • Kryontz
    Kryontz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too! Lost 3 lbs since 10/14. This has been such a great tool.