New to taking care of me

Options
txdahl
txdahl Posts: 107 Member
I'm new here to MFP and to taking care of myself. I'll be 45 in December, divorced with no kids so figured since I have no excuses it's time to focus on taking care of me for the first time. I'm hesistant to tell all but one friend about this because although they feel like they are helping it's usually more critical then helpful (especially regarding food). Any encouragement out there is greatly appreciated, anything to keep me going some days.

Replies

• czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome...will send a request, we are all here to support each other!:flowerforyou:
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    welcome friend request sent
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on taking the first step to a healthier you. You'll find lots of support here while you're on your fitness adventure. Best of luck :)
  • melbasc
    melbasc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh...I totally get not sharing much of my journey with my friends! I think it will be much more fun to start shrinking! I really don't want them to feel like they have to monitor my behavior or feel like they can't include me when "food" will be involved in get-tog ether's! Taking care of myself is also a new concept....I am always the one wanting to "fix" every one else's problems. I am learning to finally say "NO"!
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    You can do this! We always put our selfs last, I m glad you are taking charge and making this chang. It will be a long road but you can do it. Good luck and safe journey.