5'4" medium frame 30s (age) goal weight?

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
just wondering if my goal weight is on target. i'm thinking 127. i am in my early 30s medium frame 5'4"... not sure what i shoudl be aiming for but 127 is the middle of my healthy BMI range. thoughts?

Replies

• LilacLizabeth
    LilacLizabeth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in my late 20's.... medium frame... my goal is 135, but I'm fine at 140 too, all about toning.
  • CountandBaxter
    CountandBaxter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same as you. My goal was 135 but when I got there- I thought maybe I could go for 125. I'm at 129 right now (for about 5 weeks. ugh, plateau) and I feel really good about it.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    i'm at 134-135 right now and i feel like at least 5 more would be good, preferably 7 more.... but i want to make sure i'm still on target. i wonder if it will get hard to lose once i get below 130. i guess we'll see.
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    I'm 31, 5'4" and I'd say medium to small frame. I'm currently 135 lbs and my goal is 118. I have been at 118 for the past four years and I thought that was a good look for me. Also, none of my pants fit anymore and I am NOT about to buy new stuff. I think 127 - 120 would be an excellent goal, but who knows? Maybe you reach it and you're thrilled, or maybe you think you can do more. I say go as far as you can and stop when you like what you see :-)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 28yo 144lbs at the moment going for 132lb, just sounds like a good number but I will see from there.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 36 years old and I consider myself to have a medium frame.

I am currently 145(ish) pounds and am happy and content at this weight. :)

We all carry our weight a little differently. People argue with me when I tell them I range between 143-146lbs - so, I guess I carry my weight in a way that makes me look thinner? I don't know. But, I'm happy here. I don't think I really want to go much lower - I may consider going down another 5lbs or so to 140lbs, but nothing thinner than that. (And as of right now, I am not actively losing weight - I am maintaining, so being 140lbs isn't a necessary thing for me)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am late 20's (5'3"), and my original goal was 140 - I hit that last year, so now I am working towards 135. I am struggling to get there, but I will eventually. I think your body will let you know when you are a correct weight - when you reach your natural plateau.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think that's perfect for you. We had the same goals. I am 5'3. 35yrs and going for 127. I have hit 135, ulitmate goal of 127, but I want to be able to fluctuate between 127-130. I just saw my doctor two days ago and he agreed 127-128 would be perfect for me.

Good luck!! You can do it!
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.75" - medium frame - "Upper" 30's and my goal weight is 140.
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. My best friend is wayyyy too thin shes 5'8 and 115 pounds and looks like she needs to eat a big mac right away. I'm 131 lbs and im 5'8 medium frame. It depends on how the person is built I suppose and how much muscle they have on them.
  • AliceMpls
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... right now I'm 135ish(my weight flucuates A LOT), but I will be pretty happy if I can get between 125 and 130 :)
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm in my late 20's.... medium frame... my goal is 135, but I'm fine at 140 too, all about toning.

This about what I'm ultimately shooting for. Not sure if I'll get there. But I'd be fine with 140 as well.

I had a hard time maintaining 135 the last time I was there.

I think, for me, getting in the 120s is impossible and probably not very healthy.
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I think you are right on... I am 5'5, medium frame and I am aiming for 122-125... so I have some wiggle room. I am currently 132, but I have to say the last 5-10 lbs seem to be the hardest to take off. Keep up the good work.
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    sounds great to me. I'm 5'4, older but I want to be in 120s
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and hanging onto the tail end of my 30s. My original goal was 135, then 130, and now on maintenance looking to stay between 125-130.

But more than a weight or size goal, I wanted only the areas that are supposed to jiggle to jiggle, and wanted those areas that are supposed to jiggle to stop jiggling after I stop moving. :wink:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    need your bodyfat % to determine if your arbitrary goal weight is realistic or not.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    need your bodyfat % to determine if your arbitrary goal weight is realistic or not.

sorry, i have no idea how to determine that. i just have a normal scale that doesn't measure it. i can tell you measurements though. waist is down to 29 thighs-21 bust-34 hips-36
    don't know if that matters though... i want to get down to a 28 waist so i can wear 6's comfortably. they fit now but a bit snug.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    You can try one of those sites that calculate your bodyfat using variuos measurements. I've read that some are pretty accurate.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    ok i will give that a shot. do you know how i could determine what weight to aim for once i figure out body fat percentage? do you know of a good accurate body fat measuring calculator online? when i search there are tons for them but i have no idea if they are accurate or not.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My wife is medium framed with pretty muscular legs and is 120 at 5'4".

The info below ignores muscle mass and is very general but the "ideal" weight for a woman with a medium frame is 100 lbs at 5' and you would add 5lbs per inch, so at 5'4" this would put the ideal at 120 (100+4*5). For a small frame up to 10% lower is ideal while with a large or muscular frame up to 10% higher is ideal, which gives a range of 108 to 132.