Can't Live Without It

Options
Hey Everyone,
I am new on here and I was wondering what some of your favorite low calorie snacks, meals, etc. are. I need a little variety so anything you can't live without please let me know it will be greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!!! :happy:

Replies

• rballard
    rballard Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    I am new on here and I was wondering what some of your favorite low calorie snacks, meals, etc. are. I need a little variety so anything you can't live without please let me know it will be greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!!! :happy:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    umm . . . where to start. . . lol
    -dannon light and fit yogurt
    -special k bars
    -green beans
    -100 cal packs
    -fresh fruits (i try to buy different ones at the grocery each week so i don't get burn out on any one particular fruit)
    -eggs
    -garden harvest chips
    -raisin toast

that's all i can think of for now, as soon as i click post, i'll probably remember like 5 more things! lol but at least that's a start :smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Here, I just keep copying and pasting this. I had emailed it to someone and have posted it before! hehe Hope it helps a little. These are some of my staples. Yes, whole, unprocessed foods are the best but when you can't always cook,these are some great ideas. I love to coat chicken breast with honey crunch wheat germ (that has a few herbs or spices in it). Good stuff!

*Trader Joes Cinnamon Crumpets: 110 calories, 0 fat (great breakfast with a banana or yogurt)
    *Trader Joes Roasted Veggie Enchiladas: 300 calories for the whole tray
    *Trader Joes Southwest Style Gourmet Flatbreads: 90 calories and 3 g fat per serving (delish)
    *Trader Joes Sour Cream and Onion Crisps (made with Rice): 120 calories and 3.5 g of fat per serving. (They really help my craving for chips. You can have 38 of them per serving and they almost taste like cool ranch doritos to me)
    *Trader Joes Extra Lean Ground Beef Patties: 150 Calories, 5 g fat per serving
    *Trader Joes Chili Lime Chicken Burgers (frozen): 110 calories
    *Trader Joes Southwest Turkey Burgers (frozen): 110 calories
    *Trader Joes Turkey Hot dogs: 45 calories each! (They are great. No nitrates or casings etc)
    *Trader Joes Pomegranate/Cranberry Bran Muffins: 100 calories, 1.5 g fat and 13 grams fiber!
    *Trader Joes Apple/Cranberry Bran Muffins: 80 calories, 1.5 g fat, 13 g fiber

Other staples (not Trader Joes)
    *Progresso low-sodium soups
    *Mccains oven roasted potatoes
    *Butterball or Healthy Ones lunch meats
    *Pepperidge Farm Light Whole Wheat bread
    *Frozen veggies (peas, spinach, mixed veggies, broccoli, etc)
    *Sweet potatoes
    *Yoplait Lite Yogurts
    *Low-Sugar Quaker Instant Oatmeal (very filling!)
    *Eggo Lite Nutri-Grain Waffles
    *Sugar Free Maple Syrup
    *Bananas, Strawberries, Blueberries
    *Sargento Lite Provolone Slices
    *Jello Sugar-Free Pudding Cups (60 Calories)
    *South Beach Diet Southwest Style Chicken Salad Kit (usually around the lunchables area)REALLY good
    *100 Cal Packs (various)
    *Old London Melba Snacks (Garlic and Rye are my favs)
    * Baby Carrots
    *Josephs Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (I spread on the melba snacks or dip carrots in)
    *Josephs Tortillas (usually sold around the deli section of the grocery store)
    *Various Lean Cuisine, WW meals, Healthy Choice, etc
    *Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa (one packet is 25 calories, I often have 2 for a bigger mug of it! lol)
    *Liquid Egg Whites
    *100 Cal English Muffins
    *Chicken Breast
    *Honey Roasted Wheat Germ
    *Morningstar Farms Sausage Patties
    *Kashi cereals (especially heart to heart honey toasted)
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: Kraft Handi-Snacks sugar free chocolate pudding (45 calories)with lite whipped topping.

The Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice paninis are my favorite lunch.

Hey tamim1974...I'm gonna come eat at your house!:laugh:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I know I am a bore. :blushing:
    but Fresh Fruit.
    --Diann...
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Bananas

Fat reduced cocoa with fat free milk with a small handfull of marshmallows about 90 cals depends on the cocoa.

Yoghurt

Cheerios dry no milk gr8 to pick at.
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    a whole wheat english muffin with one piece of canadian bacon and one egg white

reduced-fat triscuits with some reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese on top. Put them in the microwave until melted
  • rballard
    rballard Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the good ideas!!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Quaker corn bran cereal.

I like it for those times (which is everyday for me) that I just need to munch on something. I believe it's 120 cal per 1 cup serving.
    I even take 1 cup to the movies instead of eating popcorn.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Special K bars, 100 cal kettle corn, apples, Blue Bunny 50 cal fudge bars, Quaker weight-control instant oatmeal, pita pockets, and occasionally Papa Murphy's thin crust pizza (I can actually eat only 2 slices now!)
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    -Quaker Carmel Corn Rice Cakes
    -Fiber One Chocolate and Oats bar
    -Dannon light and fit yogurt
    -Light string cheese
    -Carrots and cucumber with dip (made from low fat sour cream and ranch powder dips)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: Kraft Handi-Snacks sugar free chocolate pudding (45 calories)with lite whipped topping.

The Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice paninis are my favorite lunch.

Hey tamim1974...I'm gonna come eat at your house!:laugh:

SoupNazi, you are welcome! LOL Having lost 65 lbs since September, I HAD to get creative and make sure to include variety. Has helped me SOOO much!