Introduction

Options
Hello my name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I am joining because I want to get healthier and more in shape. I want to feel better about myself and the way I look. I have been trying to lose weight for about a month and I have not lost much weight at all. It is so easy to fall back into eating unhealthy because I am in school and I work full time so I tend to not make enough time to eat healthy or I end up picking unhealthy alternatives. I do not eat out much but I tend to eat the bad stuff instead because its faster. My cousin told me about this site and I am excited about it!! Its going really good so far :) I have used other sites similar to this and this one is much more user friendly and I am happy it was recommended to me! If you have any advice on good ideas for fast on the go meals let me know!!

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah : ) This is a wonderful site....I hope you find it helpful!
  • slickracer
    Options
    Welcome!

I do like the eat this not that books. If your eating out a lot they are good to have. Beyond that making your meals is the best way to control what you get.
  • Doingitin2013
    Doingitin2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I tried other sites as well and people weren't very friendly. I was looking for another site and found MFP and I really like it. Lots of friendly people!!! I joined 10/13/11 and it is going pretty well so far. I love how people are so encouraging and motivating on this site. As far as ideas for fast on the go meals..... I don't have too much advice. I have 3 kids so most of my meals are never fast on the go. Lol...I usually prepare a menu for two weeks and then grocery shop. I always know the night before what I plan on making for dinner the next day andwhat I want to take with me to work for my breakfast, lunch and snacks. The whole planning out meals a head of time can be a bit time consuming, but it has made it easier to stick with my "ife changing" eating habits. Good luck to you and I hope you can get your meals worked out. God Bless! :smile:
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I joined a few days ago, I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!!
  • IUsedToBeUnhealthy
    Options
    Hello, everyone. My name's Knicole and I'm a pre-diabetic. Like many of you, I have struggled with weight my whole life; always been the biggest girl in my classes, tallest and heaviest. I've been a member since 2009 & never thought of joining the MFP community til now. I guess working alone isn't as sweet as having a team of friends who UNDERSTAND & SUPPORT each other. So, feel free to add me and I'll confirm and support! Unless you're a creeper... :)
  • calliecoffman
    Options
    Congrats Sarah!!! I know you will do great! This is such an amazing helpful site! =] Love you
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Its a great site. Its my 2nd day on here and I love it, many good people and great support.
  • sarahmills86
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice and support! I am getting a better hang of planning out good meals I can bring along to work and school. Hope everyone is having a good day!!