WAKEUP!!

Options
I first want to congratulate and applaud you all for working so hard and dedicating yourself to making yourselves better

I just want to tell this little story

I had a patient this morning. 35 year’s old over 500 lbs. He had given up! I have been working with him for the past 6 months. He had only lost a little weight but he was losing. It was not fast enough for him. So he decided to just throw in the towel and give up. I tried every tactic I knew to convince him otherwise. Nothing worked. He had me in tears I was so frustrated!!! He left in his wheelchair to go sit in the waiting room where, while waiting for his ride, he had a heart attack. He is now in critical condition and I haven't heard anymore yet on how he is

Please DONT EVER GIVEUP!! You never know what is going to happen. No matter how far off your goal is ..... You WILL GET THERE!!! It takes hard work and dedication but the rewards are worth it.

I’m hoping if he survives this....It will be a kick in the *kitten*....

Thanks for reading

Shan :heart:

Replies

• Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    WOW. That says a lot, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
    Sally
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I really hope he survives and uses the second chance to make postive changes in his life. Just know, you tried your best but ultimately it has to be his decision.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hear hear
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    A real wake up story...I pray that he will survive and make a decision to change. You don't need to beat yourself up about it as you did what you could for him.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    thats my fear having a heart attack, my father has had 5 and now has a pace maker due to his heart getting weaker, so i hope your pataint gets better soon and has a huge wake up call
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really sad. I am sorry you had to deal with that today. But at the same time, I am glad you did and decided to share the story on here. Hopefully someone on here, who is feeling like giving up reads this and changes their mind.

I hope that man survives his heart attack and gets back on track. Please keep us posted. :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Wow ... that is quite the wake up call ... I hope he is okay ... thanks for sharing
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe it. Just goes to show that you never know....
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Poor man. I'm a very large woman, and I've given up myself several times. This time, I asked God to help me. If I can pray for others' health issues, why not my own?
    Anyhow, I know how he feels. You can't change it. You know you did your best to encourage him. That's all you could do.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am praying he survives and its a wake up call for him. Thanks for sharing!
  • 245by45
    245by45 Posts: 18
    Options
    That is so sad! I hope he pulls through and this is his wake up call. I never hit 500 but I was 473 a few years ago, when I heard the call. No turning back now!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I sincerely HOPE he pulls through. And, that if he does, will see that this was a wakeup call. Hugs and prayers!
  • dugsgirl67
    dugsgirl67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that inspiring story..I have a brother who is really overweight too and is thinking about gastric bypass surgery. I am so scared for him , because thats a whole new lifestyle change and he is going to have to give up a lot to get there.
    I told him I will be there by his side no matter what, we live about an hour and a half away from each other so it's a little hard to get together, but I am holding to my word because I love him so much!!!
    Any advise??????

dugsgirl :flowerforyou:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I hope he makes it.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It is sad that it takes circumstances this extreme to wake some people up.

I hope he does pull through and changes his ways