Having trouble

Options
I would definitely consider myself a yo-yoer. I tend to have really amazing success and then I bounce back about 10-20 lbs, or worse. Then I lose some weight again and well...you get the idea. I just want consistency. I want to find ways to bring that *spark* back and start losing consistently again b/c ultimately, I just want to be healthy. I'm not looking to be super skinny but it's not even about that. Any words of advice? Just to give you an idea, the most weight I've lost consistently is 50 lbs...and then I go back and forth.

Replies

• diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Focus less on the weight, you can be healthy at any weight, i'm not kidding there. there is people who are 300 lbs and are just as healthy as someone who is 150lbs, the thing to focus on is the healthy behaviors, make sure you move as much as you can be it exercise or otherwise, and pay attention to what you eat. if you are doing thoes things on a daily basis, the weight doesnt matter.

and if you dont care about the weight, you can't be disappointed if you have a lul, or a plateau, or didn't lose what you though and you won't fall back into the unhealthy patterns.

just build up all the support you can, friends family and mfp'rs and have fun changing your life, try new things
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I'm definitely no expert, and I haven't looked at your food diary. But what I've found for me, is that it's a constant, if not struggle, more that I have to constantly be conscious of what I'm eating. Lifestyle changes, not diets. That sort of thing. So maybe keep recording what you eat and see where you may be going wrong? Just a thought. Good luck!
  • MrsWagz
    MrsWagz Posts: 41
    Options
    You aren't alone I think we all struggle with the up and down's because we are women! Try and focus on your big goal and ask yourself when you are reachiing in for a handful of candy "Is this going to push me closer to my goal or further away?" Remember that craving will only last a short time and resisting it is empowering! I hope this helps! Try brushing your teeth or chewing gum too.. God Bless!:smile:
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thank you,I appreciate your feedback. I know, when I do make good choices it can def. be rewarding and empowering. I will def. try chewing more gum when bored and brushing teeth earlier to avoid temptation!!