Weigh-ins

Options
So usually I weigh myself on the weekends. Well today I had a Dr. appointment & they weighed me and my weight was up about 4lbs. I am wondering if I should record this weight in MFP, or wait until my regularly scheduled weigh-in this weekend. Opinions?

Replies

• wcasch
    wcasch Posts: 13
    Options
    I would not record it. Wait until your normal weigh in day and on the same scale you normally use.
  • darbym7
    darbym7 Posts: 61
    Options
    it could have been due to clothing, the time of day, if you had eaten before, etc. so i wouldnt record it
  • cngeier
    cngeier Posts: 54
    Options
    Working with doctors I know for a fact that those scales are off....nurses/doctors don't always put the scale back to 0 (although they do for you they may not for others) and it throws off the balance and cause the weights to be incorrect a lot of the times. I would just wait until your weigh in day.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Don't record it. Weigh the same day of the week, same time of day and same scale.
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't record it, BUT I do get home as fast as I can and step on my scale to see if there is a difference. :happy: The only place I've ever been told I'm overweight is at the doc's office!! Everywhere else, ppl tell me I'm getting too skinny :noway:
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I also like to use the same scale, at the same time of the day too! Your doctors scale is probably not set the same as your home scale.
  • msjamartin
    Options
    Since every scale is different, I would also say to stick with your normal scale/weigh in day. Keep it consistant.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My weigh in days are mondays, however on wed i weighed in 4lbs less than i did on monday... it killed me to not record it, but i know i need to stick with just posting weight once a week, it will always work out for the better :)

I'd say dont post it
  • Snacky_Onassis
    Snacky_Onassis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't record it either. I hate weighing in at a doctor's office! It's always higher because I'm fully clothed in multiple layers and usually have just eaten. I wish I could just say "I weighed myself on my scale this morning, here's what it said!!"
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't record it! Weigh on same scale, time of day and day of week you normally do.
  • sanford10457
    sanford10457 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you have a few days left wait. Besides different scales give different results. Your loss or gain should be counted by the same scale you used last week.
  • forbessw
    forbessw Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That weighin never happened....move on to your regular time to weighin
    Stay positive!
  • MrsWagz
    MrsWagz Posts: 41
    Options
    I always weigh more at the doctors and NO I wouldn't record it. All scales are different and if you go by their scale it may show a gain that didn't really happen.. On a side note I think doctors buy special scales that tell people they are heavy on purpose lol :laugh:
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Don't pay attention to the dr's scale! I accuse my ob/gyn of setting it 5 lbs heavier just to make me mad! All the books I have read had said to weigh on the same day, same scale and same time of day(if possible). Don't fret yourself!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Not only use the same scale, but the same time. Your weight can vary a lot during the day.

So if your weigh in is Saturday mornings at home for example, go by that...
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I felt like I might be cheating if I didnt record it lol