Hello

Options
My name is Tina Doerr. I am new to this site. Was suggested by a friend. I am so unbelievably fat and out of shape. I will be 50 next month and need a life change. My question is about the amount of calories the site says I am allowed. I would never be able to eat that much. I have often been told that I eat too little. I am also diabetic and take insulin.

Replies

• jlpurdham
    jlpurdham Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You probably know this, but if you eat too little, your body goes into "starvation mode" and it gets harder to lose fat. Maybe trying to eat closer to the goal calories might help your body get into the weight loss mode. :)

Also, welcome to the site! All the best!
  • kdavc
    kdavc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome. This site is so great for support, accountablity and awareness of what you are actually eating/doing. I would suggest that you consult with your doctor on an appropriate amount of calories for weight loss, then adjust your settings toward what your doctor reccomends...but untill then just keep tracking...so if you need to you can print out a report and show your doc what you are currently eating. Do you exersize? Good luck to you!!!:happy: