Why Haven't You Reached Your Goals Yet?

Options
Okay, so this is for people like me, who have a ton of KNOWLEDGE about fitness and exercise, but still have not achieved the physique of their dreams. I am on my way to where I want to be, but yesterday, I ate everything that did not eat me first. It felt like my brain was trying to drag my body back to what had gotten me to a size 16 in the first place (I'm a loose 10 now). So my question is, for those of you who are still on your way, who find you go back and forth between losing and gaining weight, what happens to us? Why is it so freaking hard sometimes to attain the physique of our dreams? And my goal, by the way, is a 7/8 by the end of March 2012, so I'm not talking about being a size 0.

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this one... I have only myself to blame though because I have lost weigh before.. So in my case I need to really buckle down and get with it!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Because it takes time and I haven't put in enough time yet.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    its YOU versus your body...you have to stay focused and make sure that every decision you are making will help you reach your goals. Its tough and it sucks, but if fat loss were easy everyone would be lean and fit.

I have a motivational collage that is on my phone that I look at whenever I'm tempted. I also have all sorts of goals (long term and short) so i can always work towards something.
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I was seriously wondering this yesterday. Yesterday was my 365th day on here, and I've only lost 13 pounds. I've been losing and gaining the last 3 pounds. It has been completely frustrating. It's not like I haven't been working out. I've completed a round of Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme and C25K, and am now on week 6 of P90X. I see these peoples 90 days results and I still look like their before pictures. I know that my eating hasn't been 100% everyday. But it is way better than what it used to be. I really wish I could figure out what I am doing wrong, but I honestly don't have an answer to that. And that is what it truely frustrating. It really feels like I will never get to my goal.
  • jdoggie
    jdoggie Posts: 42
    Options
    I do the same thing, it is mind boggling to me, especially because I am so unhappy and uncomfortable at a size 16 18. now a loose 12 tight 10. but the closer I get the more I seem to sabatoge. sometimes i think if I reach my goal I won't have anything to complain about. so if you figure it out will you let me know.. so frustrating:)
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I could write a book on how to lose weight, start an exercise program, etc. I asked myself this same question recently, and unfortunately I don't know the answer. I can be doing great for a couple of weeks and then it just comes to a screeching halt. I'm just trying to take it day by day this time. This site and the app helps with accountability. I ask myself every day, "What can I do TODAY to help me reach my goal?"
  • Leviram
    Leviram Posts: 77
    Options
    My issue is that I have obstacles with my health that block me from doing what I have to do. I am so over with all these issues that I just push myself everyday and if I fall off the wagon I get right back on again. Just yesterday I was told I need to go on a low potassium diet and just looking at what I can't eat drives me crazy. For example I love almonds so that was one of my go to snacks now I have to change that to something else. Also no tomatoes or yogurt or whole grain bread so what am I suppose to go to I try to avoid all white flours. ANyhow that is why I am not at where I am suppose to be due to obstacles like this. Sucks but hey gotta figure out something else to keep the motivation going.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of new at this game..............didn't have much motivation to even bother with losing weight, until this summer, when my doctor told me "you're at the obese line". WHAT??? oh shiite..............

So, I just started to change my thinking - and found MFP - and now? Well, I reached one goal already (not obese anymore), and my next goal is just to keep losing, to keep on this path, to keep on keepin' on. I have a record of NOT staying on task with this sort of thing, so just want to get THERE........and I'll figure out the rest as I go.

My main objective is to be healthy. I don't need to be skinny, or a certain size..............just healthier. That's enough, for now :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Dont know about you but I am a HUGE emotional eater.....oh ya and when I dont feel good too....like right now :cry:
  • running42km
    running42km Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Is it stress eating? That's what gets me. I'm on track now, again, because I've decreased my life stress and have started substituting water and fresh fruit for all the junky food I was failing to avoid.
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was seriously wondering this yesterday. Yesterday was my 365th day on here, and I've only lost 13 pounds. I've been losing and gaining the last 3 pounds. It has been completely frustrating. It's not like I haven't been working out. I've completed a round of Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme and C25K, and am now on week 6 of P90X. I see these peoples 90 days results and I still look like their before pictures. I know that my eating hasn't been 100% everyday. But it is way better than what it used to be. I really wish I could figure out what I am doing wrong, but I honestly don't have an answer to that. And that is what it truely frustrating. It really feels like I will never get to my goal.

I can relate somewhat to this. I just logged my 295th day this week and I've been trying to lose my last 15lbs since the summer. It got down to 10 but then I gained 5 back by foolish eating and slacking on workouts. I guess for me I haven't been this small in so long it got to my head, so now it's back to the drawing board. I know I can finish strong it's just making my mind and body in sync to where I want to be.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this one... I have only myself to blame though because I have lost weigh before.. So in my case I need to really buckle down and get with it!

You and me both! ... It gets so frustrating when I have the last 10 pounds that absolutely never come off.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think it's as simple as the phrase "we're human"... it's our way of everyday living.. work schedules, kids, relationships, deaths, births... simply life and because we are human I think it's only natural to confront obstacles with what we find is comforting, whether it's food or lack of exercise. The main objective is to pick yourself right back up again and continue on your journey. :bigsmile: