New and ready for support! :)

Hello! I have been using MFP for a few months now, and I figured that it's time I get some friends on here! Everything in life is so much easier when you have support.

My name is Lindsay, and I'm 26 years old. I have a beautiful 3-year-old son, and I married my amazing husband on April 1st of this year. Despite getting married, this year has been very difficult for me. My husband is in the Air Force, and we are currently 800 miles apart due to a nasty custody battle between my ex and I. I have not been able to move myself and my son out of state to be with my husband, and I still have four months until the hearing where I will find out if I will be able to move. So the least I can say is that things have been a bit stressful.

I have been overweight since middle school. I could blame it on genetics, but I know that I am to blame. So with everything so crazy in my life, I've decided to take control of the one thing that is entirely up to me... My weight loss. I am 5'2", and I started at 210 lbs. I am currently at 202 lbs, with weight coming off slowly but surely. I bought a gym membership, and with the help of family in the babysitting department, I've been able to actually exercise. I love it! My husband (who is in amazing shape, and is also an inspiration) is wonderfully supportive, and I couldn't do this without him.

SO with that huge long story behind me, haha, if any of you are still reading, I would love to be your friend! :)

Replies

• AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Hi and welcome!
  • Hello and Welcome! My name is Lindsey also and I am 30 yrs old! I am new to this site as well. So far it has reallt helped me with the calorie counting and the motivation! Good luck