Feeling very ugly and depressed today

Options
I have the blues really bad today and finding it hard to motivate myself !!

Replies

• ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    cheer up honey, i no its hard with stress, or what ever is getting u down...but smile now...u deserve to be happy, and u can do this....
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. :( Bad days come, but the good news is, they also go. You won't be in a funk forever. Can you take a quick, brisk walk? Re-read your goals as to why you're wanting to be healthy? Listen to a favorite song?
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. :( Bad days come, but the good news is, they also go. You won't be in a funk forever. Can you take a quick, brisk walk? Re-read your goals as to why you're wanting to be healthy? Listen to a favorite song?

nice ideas.

I always find a brisk walk outdoors, either with some music or without, seems to help!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could go to the gym and walk a while. I love to work out so that I can add to the calories I can eat, always makes me feel better.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I can't get over how much my stress and anxiety goes away with some exercise.

I second a brisk walk outside with some music.

Even if you don't feel like it, force yourself to go.

Big Hugs to you. Hope you feel better soon.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    it must be in the air today. I saw rain and got very sad. I agree with a list of why you want to suceed. Or even look at old photos of you and hopefully it will jog your memory. There is a sign on my gym door that says something like getting here is the hard part or walking in is the hard part? When I see that sign I put on determined face and feel instantly better. Maybe motivational words where only you can see them can help too?
  • positivespin29
    positivespin29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hang in there. stay strong sister!!
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    cheer up! this too shall pass...listen to some good motivating and uplifting music. dwelling in that negative feeling will only make it harder for u to recover.

u are a great person and there is no one else in the world like u! :flowerforyou:
  • caitymay1
    caitymay1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Get out for a nice walk in the fresh air, with some good music to cheer you up :smile: I seem to have days like that at least once a week, and sometimes nothing seems to help...
    Sometimes a quick peek through some success stories perks me up just enough to get outside and get moving, and then I start to feel better! Even if you don't get anything done today, tomorrow's always another day, just don't give up.:flowerforyou:
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the exact same way this morning! I almost skipped my workout but then I put on some great music to jam out to and forced myself and now I'm in a much better mood =) sweat and good music never fail to lift the spirits just keep it up were all here for you!!
  • Shanna144B
    Shanna144B Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We all have days like that! I know that when I feel crappy, but then I work out, it takes me to a much better mental state. Also think about how far you've come, whether its weight lost, stress level gone down, or how well you stayed on track today. Hope this helps! (:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Description of a Beautiful Woman

She can deal with stress and carry heavy burdens.
    She smiles when she feels like screaming, and she sings when she feels like crying.
    She cries when she's happy and laughs when she's afraid.
    Her love is unconditional.
    There's only one thing wrong with her.
    She forgets what she's worth!

Don't ever forget what you are worth!!:flowerforyou:

And if that doesn't help below is a stupid joke that should make you groan.:wink:

Your Duck is Dead

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary
    surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet
    pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's
    chest.

After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and
    sadly said, "I'm sorry, your duck, Puddles, has
    passed away."

The distressed woman wailed, "Are you sure?"
    "Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied the
    vet..

"How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean
    you haven't done any testing on him or anything.
    He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the
    room. He returned a few minutes later with a black
    Labrador Retriever. As the duck's owner looked on
    in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his
    front paws on the examination table and sniffed the
    duck from top to bottom. He then looked up at the
    vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out
    of the room. A few minutes later he returned with
    a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also delicately
    sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back
    on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and
    strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry,
    but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably,
    a dead duck."

The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys
    and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman..
    The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!"
    she cried, "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"

The vet shrugged,

"I'm sorry. If you had just taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20,

but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's now $150."
  • kensai72
    Options
    Wow, it always amazes me when I see a beautiful woman say she feels ugly. When I saw your post I thought there had been a mistake. Try to remember, you're making progress. One should never base self-esteem based solely on what they see in the mirror, character in many cases, is more attractive. Case in point, Paris Hilton is a pretty girl, until she opens her mouth. lol. ( I prefer women that have actual curves, but that's just me.) You didn't gain all your weight overnight, and it won't go away overnight. Breathe, be patient with yourself, if you gain or stagnate don't drift off to the negative place and quit. Tweak what you can and stay the course. This is the journey of a 1,000 steps...or calories...if you will. Just know, someone else feels your pain. I too have been battling with my weight most of my life. But, I refuse to give up. This is my year to make it happen. Keep your chin up pretty girl. See ya by the pool.

Peace. :glasses:
  • destanicheri
    destanicheri Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Cheer up...Remember if you're down...the only other way to go is up, I am praying for you!

God bless
    Cheri :)
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. On days when I feel this way, I try to get up and move a bit. Exercise always makes me feel better even when I don't have the motivation to do it. If I can make myself get past that hurdle, I thank myself later.

Hugs!

You_R_Beautiful.jpg
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Ugh I feel the same way today. I had been feeling really good and thinking I was lovely, and today all of that is gone... well I can't have gotten ugly overnight... so that goes to show these feelings aren't based in reality. I hope you feel better about things soon.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It will get better! We all have our down days : /. I like to brew a nice cup of tea on those days and just savor it. Sometimes I throw in some diet cookies to make it extra special! Hugs to you!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Will a cute baby animal montage help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4EiDST6hY