first time posting, hi people!

Options
So I joined My Fitness Pal last week, but havent posted anything on the forums yet. Just got around to reading some of them today, and thought I would introduce myself to anyone who is bored enough to read it, lol.
When I weighed myself around Sept. 20, I was 213 lbs. GAH. How in the frig did I let myself get this big? I have always been a "bigger girl", but I just seemed to accept the fact that I'll always be fat, and theres nothing I can do about it. The only time I lost any amount of weight was about a year ago, I exercised for a month and lost 10lbs. Then I got bored and went back to eating whatever I wanted and quit exercising all together. Until about 3 weeks ago. I was on the website Reddit and found the subreddit "Loseit". On that, I found a whole community of people who were super supportive and on their own weight loss journeys. Also through that I found MFP, and joined last tuesday (i think?). When I joined, I weighed 207. Today I weigh 202 lbs. I know its not a big loss, but so far I have Reddit and My Fitness Pal to thank for that. My goal is 140 by May. I am still second guessing this, because 60lbs is alot of weight to loose, but I am trying for 10lbs/month. I am trying to be down to 180 lbs by christmas/new year.
I am eating less than 1200 cals a day, something I would have easily trippled before. I now weigh myself everyday (I know your only suppose to do this once a week because of water weight/gain), but i'm just so anxious! I am eating healthier and am slowly raising my self confidence. Little by little, I want to do this. I have to.
So.... if anyone has any questions or anything, feel free to ask! If not, thanks for reading!

Replies

• wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    5 LBS is a pretty big loss! You can do it, we'll help you!!
  • hallybell
    hallybell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The first 5 are the hardest... feel free to add me!

Ps, I'm on reddit too....join us at r/fitness (if you havent already!!)
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Welcome! I was not too far off your starting weight. I have lost about 37 pounds, largely due to MFP as a tool. Good luck to you, and feel free to add me. :)
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    We need all the support we can get! 5 pound loss is awsome! Feel free to add me!
  • diana160
    Options
    Welcome, to myfitnesspal. Way to go 5 pounds. Don't get discouraged if your weight fluctuates......Blessings diana:smile:
  • niceguy63
    niceguy63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! WE are hear for you!!!
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Finding the desire to do it is the first step and you are there! You already know you have it in you and have proven it. Now...let the journey begin!
  • Crazymomh
    Options
    Congratulations on the Loss and making your mind up to GET HEALTHY! I would love to encourage you on your journey!
  • sherry666
    sherry666 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    wow.... i wasent expecting this many replies so fast! thank you all for the support, its great to hear that someone has faith in you, even if you've never met them!
  • thomasbulldogsrt
    Options
    Awesome girl!! So, proud of you and I couldn't have said it better!!
  • sherry666
    sherry666 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!