12 more pounds...Help!!

Options
Hey everybody,

So I am on the lastish leg of my weight loss journey. When I graduated college I weighed 212lbs and due to the lack of partying and a regular schedule I got down to 198lbs.

I am now at 189. My goal weight is 178 but I have been seriously stuck for about 4 weeks.

Anybody have any suggestions how I can mix it up to get to 178 without crash dieting. I want to MAINTAIN my weight once I get there.

Thanks!

P.S. I said 12lbs because I fluctuate between 187 and 190 depending on what I eat/drink.

Replies

• dieseljay74
    Options
    Try zig zagging your calories each day. Higher one day then lower the next.

It is amazing (at least for me ) how it helped. I shot up in strength and lost more fat!
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

It is amazing (at least for me ) how it helped. I shot up in strength and lost more fat!

How long did you do this before you saw results? Also on your high days did you go above your mfp goal?
  • djdelano
    Options
    Hi,

Don't know what your finances look like, but maybe juice up / switch up the exercises?

P90X Insanity will break any plateau out there. You may feel like punching your tv, but you'll lose some weight!

-D
  • Legalchica
    Options

too bad your not here!! I could use some serious help!! got 15 (at least) left to lose and would love to increase my upper body strength
  • smithskiman06
    smithskiman06 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What sort of gap do you do? I do this indirectly because on the days I work out I eat back my workout calories. I workout 3-4 times a week and burn about 350-400 per workout.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Some things to try: It may sound counter intuitive, but you may have to up your calories in order to break through a plateau. The less weight you have to lose, the more you have to be careful not to overdo the dieting.

Try switching your weight loss goal down to 1/2 pound a week on MFP.

Also, for zigzagging calories, on your load days, aim to go over your calories by 500 calories. That means looking at 500 calories of red numbers on MFP. But don't be afraid!

The day after, try to have 300 - 500 calories leftover on your diary. Happy green numbers. :) Then do a day where your goal is 0 calories leftover. Eat back all your exercise calories on this day. Just rotate around like that for a week and see if it breaks through the plateau.

Here's my favorite article on plateauing:

http://www.answerfitness.com/208/weight-loss-plateau-tactics-overcoming-weight-loss-plateau

Lots of useful advice here!